Blowin’ Smoke with Kemper Jones – Quick Thoughts Volume I
Blowin’ Smoke with Kemper Jones
Quick Thoughts Volume I
Though I wrote a column already, I wanted to get a few of my random thoughts out there as well.
• Being a Harvard graduate is now part of David Otunga’s entrance introduction. I miss how this is relevant to what is supposed to be presented as “sport”.
• I have Wrestlemania 23 playing on my second monitor and Benoit just made his entrance for his US title defense against MVP. Never a Canadian Crippler fan, I was in the crowd yelling, “Hey Chris, remember when you headlined this show three years ago?”
• Another Raw without Broadus Clay. I wonder what’s going on with that.
• Will Kharma please show up and challenge Beth Phoenix for Wrestlemania? I read that Trish Stratus was teasing a potential match with The Glamazon. I hope not. That would be another attempt at nostalgia overload. Even worse would be Madusa, who can’t seem to beg for enough attention on Twitter.
• I’m half expecting Randy Orton to be placed in the World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania. I was impressed with Daniel Bryan’s win at Elimination Chamber, but still feel that a Bryan/Sheamus Mania match lacks the star power that it needs.
• Will we see some sort of John Laurinaitis vs. Teddy Long confrontation at Wrestlemania? I’m thinking an elimination tag match representing each man, with the winning team deciding the fate of general management on WWE TV. I must say, I’ve become a fan of Laurinaitis.
• CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho is now official. I love what we’ve seen so far, and really look forward to the next six weeks. This one is hard for me to pick an outcome. Jericho is my favorite wrestler of all time and Punk if my favorite current generation Superstar. Punk is also from my hometown of Lockport, IL and a graduate from the same high school as me. Either way, I can’t wait. I know I won’t be disappointed.
• Major props to Santino Marella on his Elimination Chamber performance. Here’s hoping he gets some kind of major Mania moment. He’s so over, they’d be stupid to not give him something big.
• With the addition of the Hell in a Cell stipulation, I’m now sold on the HHH/Undertaker match. My only worry is that it will be a typical PG-era match. I’m not usually one to complain about WWE’s current rating. This match is just too big for them to dumb it down. Let them go out there and do what they have to. I don’t want to see anyone having blood stopped. The Hell in a Cell PPV has been a significant disappointment since its inception. WWE needs to deliver a legitimate, no frills HiaC match. I wouldn’t mind seeing HHH put his career on the line, either.
• Who exactly is Ezekial Jackson? Sometimes he’s angry and at other times, he’s all ear-to-ear smiles.
• Will Zack Ryder be back in time to redeem himself against Kane in his Mania debut? This seems to be where we’re heading. That bump he took off the ramp was vicious.
• We should see Money in the Bank qualifying matches in the coming weeks. Looking forward to seeing who will be given the chance to shine.
Hope you enjoyed the read. I’m open to any feedback, so take minute to send me your thoughts…
- It's interesting that WWE is handing out the "Cesaro section" signs to fans in the crowd even thou...
- Regarding Cesaro and Paul Heyman not coming out to theme music, that's the plan for now but only s...
- Even though she was dumped by Fandango, the current plan is for Summer Rae to return as a singles ...
- Vickie Guerrero isn't gone from WWE after all. After people in WWE confirmed a report of her depar...
- As noted, Bo Dallas defeated a local talent before Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings in Nashville. T...