Former WWE and TNA wrestler turned MMA fighter Bobby Lashley will step back in the cage next Friday night (3/25) – but his opponent has been changed with just days before the fight.
Kansas City-based heavyweight James Jack (6-2) had been scheduled to fight Lashley in the main event of Titan Fighting Championship 17 but has been pulled from the show and replaced by John Ott (9-7). According to a press release from Titan Fights, Jack’s departure from the card comes under “questionable circumstances.”
“We had an agreement with Jack to fight Lashley but he’s essentially gone MIA. James missed several scheduled media shoots and no longer was returning our calls,” said Titan Fighting CEO Joe Kelly. “It became abundantly clear that James had no intention of showing up to fight Bobby on March 25 so we had to make a change.”
Ott, who normally competes in the 185 and 205 lbs. divisions, is currently walking at 225 lbs.
“John might be a little heavy for the fight but the extra weight he is carrying is all muscle,” said Kelly. “From a pure strength standpoint, he will be able to go in and compete with Bobby. His strong amateur wrestling credentials will also potentially allow him to neutralize Bobby’s takedowns and force the fight to stay on the feet.”
Titan Fighting Championship 17 emanates from Kansas City and will air live on HDNet on Friday 3/25 at 10pm ET.