* The following is from WWE.com:
“Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on May 24. WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident.”
* According to fan reports, Jericho was in a match with CM Punk. Jericho took a Brazilian flag Punk was holding, threw it to the ground, and stomped on it. Jericho was almost arrested and ended up being rushed to the airport to get out of the country into Ecuador.
* Desecrating the national flag is a crime in Brazil and is a punishable offense. TMZ claim police stopped the event and gave Jericho the option to apologize or be arrested. Jericho immediately told the crowd he regretted his actions. Police then allowed for the event to continue, according to TMZ.
* TMZ also claim sources close to WWE are saying it wasn’t a planned part of the event.
* Jericho posted the following on Twitter:
“Just for the record I love Brazil and wish we could’ve spent more time here. Beautiful country!”