– As noted earlier, Bret Hart did a one-man event at The Comedy Store in Manchester this weekend, where he said he believed WWE will induct Owen Hart into the Hall of Fame next year. Below are some more highlights, courtesy of reader Rob Bartlett:
* He praised Triple H for his roles with the company.
* He said his WrestleMania 26 match with Vince McMahon was “bullshit” but he considered it a personal victory. He talked about how Vince promised him a 5 year WWE Title reign back in 1992 as a way to re-establish fans belief in pro wrestling again.
* He looked up to Hulk Hogan but there was an incident in 1993 when Hogan returned, Bret was talking to Brutus Beefcake at a TV taping. Hogan approached and Bret tried to shake his hand but Hogan left him hanging for about 30 seconds. Bret told a story about where he and Steve Austin were backstage at a Hall of Fame and when they saw Hogan walking over, Austin said, “I never trusted him.” Hogan walked over, held out his hand and both Austin and Hart ignored him for about 30 seconds.
* He got emotional when talking about Hogan making some negative comments about him in a DVD WWE was doing on him. Video is above.
* He named Kurt Angle, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar as guys he would have liked to wrestle. He said it would have been cool to face Daniel Bryan and CM Punk back to back in a King of the Ring tournament.