Candid Paul Bearer Interview – Right After Wrestling Oct 21, 2010
PWMania reader Arda Ocal sent in the following:
Arda Ocal of Right After Wrestling on SIRIUS Radio 98 is joined by legendary WWE Manager Paul Bearer. Highlights:
- Candid thoughts about his wife’s battle with cancer
- The WWE assisting him with the gastric bypass surgery that saved his life prior to his return to the company at WrestleMania 20
- Will Paul Bearer enter the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011?
- How have Kane, the Undertaker and Paul Bearer withstood the test of time?
- During his initial interview with the company, the WWE not knowing he had a legitimate degree in Mortuary Science and he not knowing the WWE was casting for a manager for the Undertaker
EXCERPT: “I’ve always been heavy, in fact I was morbidly obese (before WrestleMania 20) And Vince McMahon picked up the $35,000 tab for the gastric bypass surgery. There’s no doubt in my mind, if I didn’t have that surgery, I wouldn’t be here today, I would have died long before my wife did. When my wife was first diagnosed with cancer in 2001, Vince and Linda and company were always there for me. When my wife passed away, they were reaching out and taking care of me.”
RIGHT AFTER WRESTLING Radio
With Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas
Mondays, 11:05pm – midnight EST
THE SCORE on SIRIUS Radio 98
Video Highlights From WWE SmackDown (3/7/14) - Daniel Bryan and Big Show vs. Kane and Batista & More
Watch several video highlights from this week's episode of WWE SmackDown. ...
WWE Hall of Famer "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase recently took some time to participate in an ...
- WWE stock closed at $29.64 per share today. It hit another all-time high today off $31.90 per shar...
WWE Chief Financial Officer George Barrios spoke with Business Week yesterday and said the following...
Catch the most captivating finishing moves in history on the next WWE Countdown - Tuesday 10/9 CT on...