Cena Discusses HBK Not Liking Him At First, Rock’s WWE Return
John Cena participated in a sitdown interview with Madison Square Garden correspondent Alex Iglesias prior to Saturday night’s Raw live event at the venue. Highlights are as follows:
– Cena says that while Shawn Michaels is his all-time favorite tag team partner, it took time for the two to become friends.
“He was one of those guys that – when I started – wasn’t too fond of me, but we ended up actually becoming really good friends,” Cena said. The fact that I was fortunate enough to hold the Tag Team Championships, even though it was for a short amount of time, was my most memorable.”
– Cena commented on Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s return to WWE.
He said, “I’ve wanted him to come back for five years now. I’m glad he’s finally back. I just hope he sticks around. I guess time will tell.”
– Regarding Nicole “Snooki” Polazzi’s involvement at WrestleMania XXVII, he said, “I’ve seen her get in some crazy situations on that television show. She will be just fine. If she goes out there and is just herself, she will make a WrestleMania Moment.”
– When asked if his wife gets upset with his strenuous road schedule with WWE, Cena said, “She does. But, we’ve known each other for quite some time. She knows that’s the way I’m built.”
He added that he prioritizes things as “work first and everything else will sort itself out.”
The video interview is available here.
Trivia 1998 – WCW Nitro achieved it’s highest ever TV rating with a 6.0. Less than 2 months ...
Find out where Daniel Bryan's WWE World Heavyweight Championship victory falls on this edition of WW...
- Chris Jericho began filming Comedy Central's "Code5" show this past week. Jericho plays a characte...
- Former WCW and WWE star Konnan had hip replacement surgery on August 21st but was released from th...
- In the video below, Bill Apter of 1wrestling.com talks with Sinn Bodhi about what has happened wit...