- CM Punk commented on Samoa Joe winning the TNA television title on Thursday night’s episode of Impact Wrestling.
“Don’t call it a come back, he’s been here for years @SamoaJoe”
– Beth Phoenix continues to hype her match against Natalya which airs tonight on Smackdown.
“Less than 12 hours until #SmackDown. If you support #WomensWrestling do NOT miss this episode TONIGHT at 8 ET on @SyFy! #DivasofDoom”
– As PWMania.com reported earlier, the 2012 SummerSlam pay-per-view did an estimated 350,000 buys. The domestic/international breakdown is slightly different than what was reported earlier in the week. The current quarter averaged 187,000 domestic buys, and 86,000 international according to WWE’s updated Key Performance Indicators. With WWE Money in the Bank reported to have done 108,000 buys domestic and 88,000 buys international, that puts SummerSlam at 266,000 buys domestic and 84,000 buys international.
– Jim Ross will be appearing on Sports Talk on KREF radio in Oklahoma this afternoon at 12:35 pm CST.
– WWE has launched a Facebook page for their new Main Event show.