– UFC posted the following clip featuring highlights from last night’s fight between CM Punk and Mickey Gall. As noted, Punk was pretty much destroyed as he lost his MMA debut by submission at 2:14 in the first round.
– Punk and Gall both left with $2,500 in UFC Athlete Outfitting payouts from Reebok. In comparison, headliner Stipe Miocic received $40,000 in Outfitting pay while main event loser Alistair Overeem received $30,000.
– One bad stat for Punk coming out of the fight is that he landed 0 significant strikes, according to Sherdog’s fight stats. He did land 6 total strikes in the fight. Gall landed 20 significant strikes. The official stat line for Punk had 0 strikes landed, 0 takedowns and 0 submission attempts.
– In a WWE-related tidbit, this edition of the UFC 203 Embedded vlog features Punk returning to the back room inside the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland where he told Triple H and Vince McMahon that he was going home.
– For those who missed last night’s fight, here’s video of Punk entering the arena to “Cult of Personality” by Living Colour:
— UFC (@ufc) September 11, 2016