Director Zach Lipovsky Talks About Hornswoggle & WWE Studios’ Leprechaun Reboot
Crave Online recently spoke with Zach Lipovsky, the director for WWE Studios’ Leprechaun: Origins, which stars Hornswoggle. Here are some notes from the interview:
* WWE contacted Lipovsky to work on the movie because they shot it in Canada and needed a Canadian.
* The new movie is a complete refresh reboot of the older Leprechaun movies.
* They’re going for a darker, grittier movie. Lipovsky said, “I think when you first see the leprechaun you’ll be like, “Oh, dear God. This is absolutely terrifying and disgusting.” Rather than, “Oh, look at that funny little guy.””
* It took about two hours per day to get Hornswoggle’s make-up done.
* The movie will be rated R. He noted that it is made for adults and not kids.
* The movie comes out in spring 2014 but they are still editing. Everything should be finished by the end of the year.
* WWE is interested in using Lipovsky for other movies.