Edge Talks WWE Return, SummerSlam, Acting, CM Punk & More
Former WWE Superstar Edge did a media call this week to promote his upcoming appearances on the hit SyFy show Haven.
Here are some highlights of what Edge said about:
Returning To WWE:
- He doesn’t know if he wants to but hasn’t been contacted by WWE. He feels it’s too soon at this point to return and says he stuck around for a bit after first retiring for the Christian storyline.
- Edge said he’s not in contact with WWE. He said it’s nothing personal, everyone is just busy. He still keeps in contact with his friends who are on the road.
Appearing At SummerSlam:
- He will be appearing at SummerSlam Axxess but won’t be appearing on the pay-per-view later that night. He said by the time the pay-per-view is going on, he will be headed back to the hotel to wait on Dolph Ziggler and Christian to have some sushi.
His Acting Career:
- He’s open to more acting projects in the future but isn’t aggressively pursuing them. He made it clear that he didn’t leave wrestling to go into acting and would still be wrestling if he were able to.
Working For WWE Behind The Scenes:
- Edge said he’s not sure if he would even consider it, maybe in 5 or 10 years. He talked about being that close to wrestling without actually being able to perform might be something he doesn’t enjoy. He added that the travel of an agent job would probably turn him away and said when he travels, his neck hurts, plus he doesn’t want to wake up in a different city anymore.
CM Punk’s Recent Storyline & Life After Wrestling:
- He hasn’t been following the CM Punk storyline on RAW but does DVR SmackDown to see the Christian storyline. He said since he can’t wrestle, he feels watching it right now may be “a little funky.” He said he’s trying to step into everyday life and not have wrestling be a part of it all the time. He said he will never be ashamed of Edge and where it got him, but doesn’t want to be Edge 24/7.
Entering The Hall Of Fame One Day:
* Regarding the WWE Hall of Fame, he said he would not turn down the offer and Christian inducting him would be a no-brainer.
- John Cena tweeted the following this morning, an apparent response to Bray Wyatt's promo from last...
- PWMania.com reported that there was a plan in place for Bad News Barrett to inform the Chicago fan...
Where does John Cena's victory over The Rock rank on this episode of WWE Top 10? Plus, an undefeated...
PWMania.com reported, Batista got into an argument at ringside with Power 97 DJ Cam Carson at last n...
- Vince McMahon is now scheduled to be back on WWE TV right after WrestleMania XXX is over. This sho...