We are going to catch everyone up-to-speed with a full review of EXTREME RISING news and happenings, followed by both updated cards/line ups for 2/8 & 3/1.
– MATT HARDY & REBY SKY are off 2/8 & 3/1 Extreme Rising events due to office scheduling error. We look forward to their return in the future. STEVE CORINO was happy to be apart of 12/28/13 “Unfinished Business” as in-ring talent. ER was honored to have Steve apart of the event, as he has never done any kind of ECW reunion-type shows in all the years since ECW closed. He was a true professional to work with. In addition to his “gold” promo he delivered prior to his title match with STEVIE RICHARDS, Corino cut a mean post-match promo that will see his return to ER in the future.
– BALLS MAHONEY was injured during his match with 2 TUFF TONY and was seen by the doctor at the event. Mahoney followed his advice to go to Emergency Room to be further evaluated. He was diagnosed with a fractured humerus, where it rests in the shoulder. He is following up with an orthopedic doctor soon.
– HOMICIDE wrestled RICH “BEAST” ORTIZ injured as he has been working with a bad toe. The injury was aggravated and worsened during the match where Homicide did a dive to the outside and hit the guardrail hard. His injury took a turn for the worse during a “double stomp”, which saw Homicide take to the side of the ring, remove his boot, tape his foot, and finish the match bootless. After further examination, Homicide was instructed to go to the hospital to get his foot looked at further. Since then, we have been notified that he has now injured his entire foot. Homicide has been removed from the 2/8 Pittsburgh, PA event.
– SABU has been added to the 2/8 Pittsburgh, PA date. Sabu was previously booked overseas, and contacted the office last week of his availability. The office wasted no time in booking SABU vs. STEVIE RICHARDS to headline the Irish Centre. Speaking of Pittsburgh, PA, our promotional STREET TEAM was delivered two blows on their recent outing in the area promoting 2/8. First a telephone pole was hit and ruined the rental car. Second, we were notified late Saturday night that the event date was listed wrong, and 500 poster boards were already posted all over Pittsburgh. The office is currently looking into the error.
– Newly released, former TNA IMPACT “star” JAY BRADLEY has already been added to all upcoming Extreme Rising live events. Bradley and ER have stayed in touch since his departure and were already speaking about possibilities of bringing him in to work a dark match on 2/8 even if he was still contracted at the time.
– Extreme Rising welcomes NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING’S, TAKAAKI WATANABE to the 3/1 lineup for the return to the former ECW Arena. Watanabe is scheduled to take on the GREEK GOD PAPADON, which looks to be an incredible match up. LUCHA LIBRE returns to Extreme Rising on 3/1 as DAMIEN 666 & BESTIA 666 will be in action. You can still order the iPPV from 12/28 “Unfinished Business” (highspots.tv –highlight video). The DVD for “UNFINISHED BUSINESS” will be released and start shipping later this week via www.extremetixs.com. Remember all ticket orders and merchandise orders come with free shipping.
– EXTREME RISING PRO WRESTLING present “BLACK, GOLD, AND EXTREME” at the Irish Centre in Pittsburgh, PA Saturday, February 8th 2014 7pm Bell.
-“World Title” STEVIE RICHARDS (c) vs. “The Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal” SABU
-“Falls Count Anywhere” “War Machine” RHINO vs. “The Dark One” DEVON STORM
-“Modern Warfare” LUKE HAWX vs. “The Ultimate Superstar” RICH “BEAST” ORTIZ
-“Global Conquest 2” – “Lonesome” JAY BRADLEY vs. GREEK GOD PAPADON
-“Spray Paint vs. Straight Edge” “Neon Ninja” FAÇADE vs. M-DOGG 20 MATT CROSS
-“Tag Team Battle” BLK OUT vs. DA HIT SQUAD
-“Hardcore Match” featuring BALLS MAHONEY
Plus BLUE MEANIE, CRIPPLE H, GREGORY IRONS, MAN SCOUT, ROBBIE MIRENO, BIG JEFF NOYZE, as well as a surprise or two, and more matches to be announced…
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW – Click here
You can also purchase tickets in person at ANY of the five NEW DIMENSION COMICS located throughout Pittsburgh, PA. Call (724) 776-0433 for more information.
– EXTREME RISING PRO WRESTLING returns to the former ECW Arena for “SPRINGTIME BEATDOWN” Saturday, March 1st 2014 – 7pm Bell time, 6:30pm pre-show. Doors open 5:30pm. Order your tickets with free shipping!
-STEVIE RICHARDS* will defend the Extreme Rising World Title
-“International Warfare” SABU* vs. DAMIEN 666
-“Hardcore Tag Team Match” BALLS MAHONEY & AXL ROTTEN vs. 2 TUFF TONY & MATT TREMONT
-“Global Conquest 3” GREEK GOD PAPADON vs. TAKAAKI WATANABE (New Japan Pro Wrestling)
-“Six Man Tag” BLK OUT vs. DA HIT SQUAD W/PITBULL GARY WOLF
More talent and matches to be announced…
*Card Subject to Change if SABU defeats STEVIE RICHARDS for the Extreme Rising World Title, a rematch on 3/1 at the former ECW Arena will take place.
You can also purchase tickets in person BEER BOX in NE Philly (215) 673-7837, Bucks County at GEORGE’S COLLECTIBLES (215) 943-2475, or in South Philly at NOISE POLLUTION RECORDS (215) 627-7246.