Future Of WWE Studios, Vince Says WWE Will Be Stronger, More
- WWE held the annual shareholder’s meeting on Friday morning at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT. This time, Triple H was introduced under his real name along with the other WWE executives including Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn and Basil Devito. Here are some highlights:
* Vince guaranteed that WWE will be in stronger shape by this time next year. Vince talked about WWE attendance being up and RAW being up 3% in the ratings while SmackDown is up 15%.
* CFO George Barrios said that 37% of WWE business is now international.
* Barrios said 2010 was WWE’s most profitable year but they lost $40 million in 2011. $30 million of that was losses from WWE Studios. WWE was also hurt last year by holding off on rights fees of non-RAW and SmackDown shows as they hold them off for the Network.
* Barrios added that WWE is the #2 action figure brand.
* WWE Studios head Michael Luisi said they will now be doing PG-13 and R rated movies as well as different genre films like horror, sci-fi, drama and others. They will also continue to do PG movies.
* WWE will also focus on working on pre-existing franchises and producing sequals as a way to tap into those movies fanbases and broaden their own film base beyond the WWE fans.
* WWE Studios has began acquiring completed movies which will allow them to take the movie, brand it as a WWE film and market it over the various WWE properties.
* Marine: Homefront will begin filming in June and a WWE Superstar will be announced in the starring role soon. Horror movie No One Lives with Brodus Clay in a supporting role will be released in 2013.
Watch several video highlights from this week's episode of WWE RAW. ...
The Road WrestleMania XXX got more pavement on this edition of RAW. The Superstars are aligning for ...
After Monday's WWE RAW, the following matches are official for WrestleMania 30: Singles Match St...
- There was no dark main event after Monday's WWE RAW in Memphis. - Sheamus posted a photo of the...
- Kane vs. Big Show has been announced for Friday's SmackDown. - Brie Bella tweeted Stephanie McM...