Harvey Whippleman Discusses His Current Association With WWE
Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) and Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) of #AftermathRadio on thescore.com spoke with former WWE Manager and current WWE employee “Downtown” Bruno Lauer (Harvey Whippleman). Highlights from the interview are as follows:
Talking about his association with WWE, what are his current duties with WWE today: “I work behind the scenes, take care of all the details, whatever needs to be done for the television production and Pay-Per-Views, and I’m just happy do be doing it after 32 years in the business. Another way to look at it and how I describe it in my book would be ‘WWE concierge’.”
Does he feel the era of managers for WWE have past, or would he love to see the era of managers for WWE return in the future: “If it came back again, it would be brand new to alot of people. I wouldn’t want to (manage) cause I can’t perform up to the capacity that I was able to do in my younger days. But yes I can defenitly see it happening.”
Other topics discussed include:
* Sharing some funny stories about Dwyane “The Rock” Johnson, including buying him his very first car.
* Explaining how he broke into the Memphis territory with Jerry Lawler and the lengths he went to get in touch with Lawler to finally land a spot in Memphis.
* Sid Justice, Kamala, Mr. Hughes, and Giant Gonzalez being the toughest guys he’d managed, all for different reasons.
* Seeing Brodus Clay and Titus O’Neil as two Superstars that will really make an impact in the future in WWE.
* Recalls his car accident in 1994 that tragically took the life of referee Joey Marella and how that affected his future travel forever (trust issues with drivers, airplanes).
* Explaining the openness of his book “Wrestling With the Truth” and talking about crossing paths with individuals in the book he gave honest but less than favourable opinions on including Bruce Prichard, Mick Foley among others.
The interview is available here.
- TNA stars Robbie E and Brooke did a video profile for the new season of The Amazing Race, premieri...
Trivia 2006 – Chris Jericho, who fronts metal band Fozzy, is eliminated on the 1st episode o...
Former WWE SmackDown lead writer Alex Greenfield was a guest on Wrestling Informant Radio this past ...
Watch several video highlights from WWE Superstars. ...
Watch several video highlights from WWE NXT. ...