Highlights From WWE Investors Conference Call With Vince McMahon and George Barrios
WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, Chief Strategy & Financial Officer George Barrios and SVP of Financial Planning & Investor Relations Michael Weitz hosted a conference call this morning to discuss the 2013 financial results. Here are highlights:
* Vince said everything in the results were in line with expectations. Vince called WWE’s social media growth extraordinary. He talked about a lot of WWE’s new projects and said they are moving forward.
* Vince said they are out in the marketplace for the first time in a long time as far as TV rights fees goes. They’re looking to finish negotiations in late April or soon after.
* They are really excited about the WWE Network going live on Monday. Regarding pay-per-views, Vince says most standard providers have agreed to carry WrestleMania XXX and after that it will be on an event-by-event basis.
* Barrios talked about how they’ve been testing the Network on different platforms in preparation of the launch.
* Barrios said they are indeed in negotiations with other networks for TV rights fees. They’re also having similar discussions in India.
* As of today, WWE says they reach more than 260 million followers across social media – a 90% increase from the year before.
* They are really happy with the success of Total Divas.
* Despite a 4th quarter drop, WWE’s overall toy sales were up for the year. WWE has the #2 best selling action figure property in the US.
* They believe that a fully distributed WWE Network can attract between 2 and 3 million subscribers.
* WWE expects a $12-$15 million first quarter loss this year due to everything that comes with the launch of the Network.
* WWE’s first report on the number of Network subscribers will come the Monday after WrestleMania XXX.
* Barrios admitted they monitor social media chatter very closely, at least when it comes to feedback on the Network.
* They spent around $12 million in 2013 preparing for the Network.
* WWE is confident about the value their TV product brings and are optimistic about the TV rights fees negotiations.
* An investor asked about CM Punk. Vince said: “He’s taking a sabbatical, let’s just put it that way.”
* Most providers have agreed to carry WWE pay-per-views through WrestleMania XXX but Barrios wouldn’t elaborate. He said they have about 85% coverage of US households.
Watch several video highlights from WWE SmackDown. ...
Jack Swagger comments on Bo Dallas' "encouraging" words. ...
Randy Orton makes his way to the ring to kick off the show. Orton cuts a promo on Roman Reigns and s...
As PWMania.com reported, Michael Cole is now calling WWE Main Event on Tuesday nights with Byron Sax...
PWMania.com reported that WWE Diva Rosa Mendes has just one singles win, which was a DQ win, since b...