Impact Wrestling Rating, Backstage TNA News, King Mo & More
- Thursday night’s episode of Impact Wrestling did a 1.02 (1.0) cable rating, with 1.43 million viewers. Those numbers are down from a 1.08 rating and 1.49 million viewers. The show ranked #24 among cable TV shows for the night, #13 among males 18 – 34 and #12 among males 18 – 49. The show rebounded in the male 18 – 34 and male 18 – 49 demo ratings back to the yearly average.
– As noted earlier, early estimates have TNA Sacrifice pegged at 8,000 – 9,000 buys. The show likely made some additional revenue as well, being that it is the first PPV posted on YouTube by the company for purchase after it aired.
– It was Tony Nese’s decision to leave TNA. Nese asked for permission to work an iPPV for PWS on June 1st in a tag match against the Great Muta. TNA said no and Nese then asked to be released so he could perform on the iPPV, which they granted.
– Douglas Williams may be used as an agent for TNA house shows or as a trainer for Ohio Valley Wrestling.
– King Mo is expected to debut by November, with his contract likely to see him doing one Impact taping per month during Bellator’s seasons. TNA is having a custom throne built for his ring entrances.
(Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter)
PWMania.com is a subscription free website and relies on advertising and donations from people like you. If everyone reading this donates a few dollars, we can be fully funded for another year. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays! - PWMania.com Team =)