Indy News & Notes: Ex-WWE Stars No Showing, PWG Weekend Events, WWL iPPVs, More
- Sean Waltman, Billy Gunn and Michael Tarver did not show up for the PRWA, as PWMania previously reported. Waltman did an interview with prwrestling.com where he took shots at PRWA promoter Victor Siebens; Waltman said that he had never spoken with Siebens and learned he was booked back in December but thought he was being booked for WWL’s debut show. He added that he believed he would be “working for Hugo Savinovich, who I’ve known for over 20 years. I didn’t know that WWL’s show had been pushed to April and that Hugo was not involved in this show. They used his name all the time.” Waltman added that he didn’t see the tickets until Friday when he called airline and was told that a ticket had been canceled under his name that would have left Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, five hours away from where he lives.
- WWL’s upcoming debut event “Idols of Wrestling,” which goes down on April 21st, is planned to be an iPPV and will be their first TV taping of matches as well. The shows up to this point have been used to promote the debut event and to introduce their concept as well as the talent.
- Below are the results for WWC’s “La Hora de la Verdad” (Moment of Truth) from Saturday, which drew about 2,000 people:
* Zcion became the new WWC Junior Heavyweight champion after defeating “Diabolico”.
* Referee Pelayo Vazquez and Barrabas Jr. went to a “No Contest” after Barrabas Jr. attacked Vazquez with a foreign object and knocked him out.
* “El Leon” Apollo defeated “Bad Man” Andy Levine w/ Orlando Toledo
* “Sons of Samoa” defeated Abbad & Sebastian Guerra. After the match they kept attacking both Abbad and Guerra until Thunder and Lightning made the save and the Samoans ran for cover.
* In the “Mask vs Hair” match, “Super Fenix” retained his mask by defeating Chris Angel.
* In a boxing match, “El Ilegal-Chicano” reclaimed the Puerto Rico Heavyweight belt when he defeated via KO Samson Walker. After the match, Walker’s manager Orlando Toledo, was also KO’d by Chicano.
* The match between Rey Gonzalez and the self-proclaimed “Puertorican Dream” Invader #1 went to a “No-Contest”. Towards the end of the match, Gonalez had Invader locked in her figure four,when out come Carlito and Savio Vega to attack Gonzalez. This brought out Thunder & Lightning again, only to be ambushed by “Sons of Samoa”, who didn’t waste to bust them open and leave them a bloody mess. Vega and Carlito took advantage of this and started the final match of the night.
* Thunder & Lightning defeated Savio Vega and Carlito Caribbean Cool after Invader #1 interfered in the match, knocking out Vega with his “heart punch” and this way leaving everyone wondering where is this story going.
- Below are the results for PRWA’s “One Night Superstars” event that took place on Saturday:
* They had 2 dark matches before the official start of the show.
* “El Sensacional” Carlitos defeated Homicide.
* Chicky Starr and Huracan Castillo fought to a No-Contest after a lot of interference during the match. After the match, they both sided with Mr. Connection who is battling “Metal Blade” in a company power struggle.
* There were a couple of performers that had more than one appearance in the show, those being Pupe Jackson and “Damian 666″.
* At one point, Mexican Mini “Pequeño Helloween”, took to the mic and trashed X-Pac and Billy Gunn for not making it to the show.
* “Hurricane” Helms & “Intelecto 5 Estrellas” defeated Gangrel and Escobar.
- PWG has released the following updated cards for their All Star Extravaganza weekend in Reseda, California this weekend:
Night One – March 22nd 2013
* Guerrilla Warfare: Drake Younger vs. Sami Callihan
* AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol vs. The Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)
* Trent? (formerly Trent Barretta of WWE) vs. Roderick Strong
* The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano
* Kevin Steen vs. Paul London
* Jay Lethal vs. Eddie Edwards
* Future Shock (Kyle O’Reilly & Adam Cole) vs. The Unbreakable Fucking Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)
Night Two – March 23rd 2013
* PWG World Championship: Adam Cole (Champion) vs. Winner of Younger vs. Callihan from Night One
* PWG World Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (Champions) vs. The Dojo Bros (Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards)
* Kevin Steen vs. AR Fox
* RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor
* TJ Perkins vs. Samuray Del Sol
* The Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. The Unbreakable Fucking Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)
* Trent? (formerly Trent Barretta of WWE) vs. Paul London
* Jay Lethal vs. Willie Mack
* Kyle O’Reilly vs. Loser of Sami Callihan vs. Drake Younger from Night One
- Here is a video of the World Wrestling League’s latest show:
(Partial Source: Pwinsider.com)
Trivia 2000 – The Monday Night War continued: WWF Monday Night Raw defeated WCW Monday Nitro: ...
- WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart takes the challenge in this video: - Below is video of WWE Supe...
Stairway To Janice: Abyss vs Bram They start brawling right off the bell and within the first min...
Watch several video highlights from TNA Hardcore Justice. ...
David Shoemaker, author of The Squared Circle: Life, Death and Professional Wrestling, noted on his ...