Jay Lethal Pays Tribute To “Macho Man” Randy Savage
Former TNA X Division Champion Jay Lethal wrote the following poem on Randy Savage, who died Friday following an automobile accident in Seminole, Florida. Lethal received Savage’s blessing in 2007 to perform the “Black Machismo” character in TNA Wrestling.
You inspired me more than this world will ever know. Enjoy.
You were a tower of power that was too sweet to be sour,
You were funky like a monkey every minute of every hour.
For you, space was the place and time distortion had to be,
And your fans here on earth wanted the madness for eternity.
You met every challenge with fists clinched and face to face,
You even fought and defeats dragons and snakes.
Flying off the ropes with an elbow drop,
There was no way you could ever be stopped.
Identifiable by your voice alone,
Even being Dubbed the macho king while you sat on your throne.
We hung on your words with interviews memorable and classic,
And we knew it was serious when you took off your glasses.
I promise not to lose you in the sands of time,
For you will always be that all time hero of mine.
You may also be interested in...
- Former WCW announcer Tony Schiavone, who currently serves as a play-by-play broadcaster for the mi...
- There is said to be no laid out program for Brock Lesnar now that the feud with Triple H is over. ...
- The following is now confirmed for Monday's RAW from Calgary: * A Triple H update * John Cen...
- WWE's The Marine 3 with The Miz is their most successful straight-to-DVD release in a long time. A...
- Former WWE developmental head Tom Prichard, who was released when Triple H brought in his own crew...