WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR’s BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– Stephanie McMahon arguably stole the show with her interaction with Brie Bella and subsequently Steph getting ‘arrested.’ Her facials were priceless as was her timing and her natural ability to be a heel. The acorn doesn’t fall far from the tree. Steph wrestling at Summer Slam is a gimme as it should be.
– Enjoyed Paige’s heel turn on AJ Lee but it was a week late as Sunday’s Divas Title bout had no identity. Nonetheless, I like the pairing.
– It’s somewhat insane for some fans to think that Bray Wyatt losing at Battle Ground to Chris Jericho was disastrous to Bray’s career which is actually laughable. Working with Jericho, who arguably should be the heel in this marriage, will do nothing but help Wyatt improve and Bray will undoubtedly win the blow off down the road.
– The IC Title is ice cold and the way the championship is being booked is a head scratcher. The IC and US title holders the past year have likely had some of the worse won-loss records on the broadcasts of any talents on the roster. That’s no way to build a title. Why there is no long term, thought out program for both the IC and the US Champions is an unacceptable mystery.
– It makes perfect sense for Brock Lesnar to challenge John Cena for the WWE Title at Summer Slam and for Lesnar, as I’ve outlined on the Ross Report podcast the past couple of months, to win the title and then lose it to Roman Reigns at WM31. I love Lesnar as champion and his infrequent, in person schedule of making Monday Night Raw shows doesn’t bother me at all especially if the creative team has their thinking caps on and the booking is territory-like as in where the world champion was never on regular, weekly TV.
Paul Heyman @HeymanHustle promo to close RAW was one of the best that I have heard in years. Even though I am WAY out of the WWE loop, I am still proud that I was able to help Paul early in his career and hope that his DVD that’s released soon will be a huge hit. Listen to Heyman’s promo again and see how he covered every base and will have the Summer Slam crowd in LA loudly cheering for the ‘Angry Viking’ vs. ‘ The Dr. of Thugonomics’ as Paul described Cena. In other worlds, the main event at S’Slam will be loaded with emotion especially if Cena takes it dead serious in his promos between now and then.
– Enjoyed Xavier Woods, Big E, and Kofi Kingston seemingly attempting to form a faction. Lots of Nation of Domination references on Twitter @JRsBBQ on this one but that doesn’t bother me. All three talents, and who knows if they don’t add another member, have potential and perhaps this will get them quality TV time and get all involved in the game. It’s main event or bust for all three who should look at this as crunch time as it relates to getting to the next level.