WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new Christmas Eve blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
– Good to hear WWE talk of Batista’s return on January 20. Dave is a major player and WWE has the opportunity to capitalize on his established reputation and accomplishments. Hopefully, there is a long term, strategic plan for ‘The Animal’ that has been established.
– Big Show…in a diaper…wow. Shades of his sumo match with Akebono.
– Prayers to Bobby Eaton, of the Midnight Express fame, who is presently hospitalized in Arkansas. Bobby has a pacemaker to help address his heart complications and is now having issues with diabetes and other matters. Sad story to be sure. No one who is as nice a guy and who gave so much to the wrestling biz night in and night out as Bobby Eaton deserves this hand he’s been dealt…especially at Christmas.
– On a recent interview, I mentioned that one of the reasons that I had no interest in going to TNA was that I had no desire in affecting the chemistry of broadcasters Mike Tenay and Taz. Yes, a three man booth would obviously be possible but I’m not a big fan of three man announce teams in pro wrestling, as a rule. Mike and Taz do a great job especially when they are on point calling holds, near falls, etc and keeping a ‘sports feel’ on the in ring action. They certainly don’t need me.
– I’d still like to see William Regal associated with “Bad News” Barrett, in some manner, of whose new, TV persona I haven’t quite understood as of yet. I applaud Barrett getting some TV time because that’s where it all starts and am anxious to see where his creative journey takes him. The talented Brit has a marketable upside, IMO.