Jim Ross Blogs On John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas, Cesaro vs. Sheamus & More On Payback
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR’s BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– I picked Cesaro to unseat Sheamus for the United States Title and I was wrong. I think both men are currently miscast. The paying customers want Cesaro to be a fan favorite while Sheamus is a natural heel in my eyes. Nonetheless the bout was physical and I liked it as it served as a good kickoff to the main show. Cesaro continuing to use the Giant Swing is going to continue to facilitate him as a ‘face. Good sound bytes by @HeymanHustle at ringside. Young managers should pay attention to Paul and learn all that they can. There aren’t many “Heyman’s” around any more….which is a great segue for your own bit of humor.
– I picked Rusev to beat Big E and these two refrigerator sized athletes over achieved and maximized their minutes. Great dive through the ropes by Big E onto the “Russian” in the battle of strongmen. Both men are likely a year away from contributing on the main event level and that is not a knock. I like Lana’s upside. (No jokes, please.)
– Not sold on the Bo Dallas persona but it’s early. He feels like the Tim Tebow of WWE as I mentioned on Twitter live during the show @JRsBBQ. Also not wild about the Kane run on but it was what it was.
– The Daniel Bryan/wife Brie/Stephanie McMahon segment was excellent. Not too long and it had a noticeable beginning, middle and definitive end to the segment. I feel that there is good money in Brie, even though she ‘quit’ WWE vs. Stephanie down the road, perhaps at Summer Slam. The slap equated to a nice, personal issue to me and personal issues are tough to execute. By the way, Stephanie is a heel for those who have taken exception to my hero vs. villain philosophy.
WWE would be foolish to take the WWE Title off DB in a boardroom type scenario. It weakens their main prize.
– Cena vs. Wyatts in Last Man Standing was excellent booking especially getting the Usos and Harper/Rowan strategically involved notwithstanding a creative finish. Creating compelling finishes in a brutal match such as Last Man Standing in a PG world is challenging but the ending worked Monday night. Arguably the match of the night. Congrats to all involved.
– The 6 man elimination tag match was stellar and put in ample time, was intense and had a surprising finish with the Shield pitching the shutout. WWE has done a good job of developing three potentially, outstanding fan favorites in Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns even thought I see Ambrose as the best potential heel of the trio, Rollins as the most underrated talent of the group and likely a great ‘face, and Reigns as the next ‘it’ guy in the company.
On a Ross Report podcast I suggested that HHH anoint a new Evolution with Randy Orton as the point man joined by Dolph Ziggler and perhaps a Sami Zayn type new talent from NXT.
PWMania.com is a subscription free website and relies on advertising and donations from people like you. If everyone reading this donates a few dollars, we can be fully funded for another year. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays! - PWMania.com Team =)