Jim Ross Blogs On WWE Working With The NFLPA, Bray Wyatt’s Gimmick, Curtis Axel & More
0 0 0 Share0
Posted in: WWE
JR Blog: WWE Working with the NFLPA, Bray Wyatt’s Gimmick, Feedback on Curtis Axel
By Marc Middleton
May 27, 2013 – 6:47:17 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
- I flew to Washington , D.C. Tuesday evening and met with the NFLPA on Wednesday morning. It was a productive meeting as the NFLPA group is in contact with literally hundreds of high level athletes who become detached from the NFL and are looking for their next career opportunity.
Obviously, not every former football player will fit into WWE Developmental but some will and those that do have a chance to use their God given athleticism and their extroverted personalities to fit into the system and hopefully become WWE stars some day.
Over the years, the wrestling business has been dotted with stars who have had a football background including Bronko Nagurski who was a former NWA Champion and is a member of the NFL’s inaugural Hall of Fame class.
Some critics say that WWE is making a mistake going this route to which I wholeheartedly disagree. We are looking for athletes who have outgoing personalities and who are fans of the genre of sports entertainment and who WANT to become WWE Superstars. Great athletes who don’t have any emotional investment in the world of sports entertainment need not apply.
- Productive night Thursday in Winter Park, Florida at NXT. Four, one hour shows were put in the can and all were solid efforts. It’s obvious that several talents are getting closer and closer to being called up. Seemingly Bray Wyatt is on the cusp of another, great opportunity and I think the 3rd generation athlete has found a perfect TV persona. He’s a big man with the rare, second gear and has great acceleration when it’s required. Plus, Bray Wyatt has dropped some weight which makes him even quicker and will help his long term health.
- It’s amazing the feedback that I have received on Curtis Axel since he aligned himself with Paul Heyman last Monday night on Raw. The feedback as ran the gambit of skepticism, cynicism, to outright joy. All I know is that the young man has been working very hard, he steered the course and never gave up on his dream to become a star in WWE just as his father, Mr. Perfect, did years ago. Old school fans also remember that Larry “The Ax” Hennig was a huge star in the AWA for years as well. I know this…Curtis Axel will do all that he can to elevate to the next level and at the end of the day that’s all a talent can do. Even if that means working through creative plans that some fans don’t like. Curtis is a big, athletic kid who is tough and who has been aligned with Paul Heyman who can be a tremendous asset to the Perfect son. @HeymanHustle has a skill set that is a lost art in today’s genre.
- John Cena tweeted the following this morning, an apparent response to Bray Wyatt's promo from last...
- PWMania.com reported that there was a plan in place for Bad News Barrett to inform the Chicago fan...
Where does John Cena's victory over The Rock rank on this episode of WWE Top 10? Plus, an undefeated...
PWMania.com reported, Batista got into an argument at ringside with Power 97 DJ Cam Carson at last n...
- Vince McMahon is now scheduled to be back on WWE TV right after WrestleMania XXX is over. This sho...