WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog entry on JrsBarBq.com. Here are some highlights:
– Until this past Monday’s impassioned promo, I was leaning toward a Ryback victory tonight but today I’m thinking that John Cena retains the WWE Title in the Three Stages of Hell match. This particular match provides me with some amazing memories and gave the King and I the opportunity to truly, emotionally invest in the first handful of these bouts and do some of our better work. If Ryback wins, I won’t be totally shocked, however, @Ryback22 winning does reshuffle the deck, so to speak.
– Dolph Ziggler will leave Chicago tonight as the World Champ. This is a bout that is going into the PPV without a great deal of momentum or fanfare due to Ziggler’s recent injury and subsequent absence so it might overachieve adn out perform many projections.
– I don’t see Kane being the United States Champion so Dean Ambrose wins at Payback. A nice, long tenure with the US Title by Ambrose might help rehabilitate the championship.
– I expect some sort of implosion or at the very least some miscommunication between tag title challengers Randy Orton and the red hot, Daniel Bryan as they challenge Rollins and Reigns for the WWE Tag Team Titles. The Shield retains tonight and I wonder how close the other three performers in the match will come to matching Bryan’s in ring intensity and the unbridled roll that he’s on?
– Yes, CM Punk will get the hero’s welcome tonight in his home town, Duh, and, yes, Punk vs. Jericho should be hugely challenging to immediately follow. I have the Chicago native winning a hard fought, smartly executed match that will have many near falls and twists and turns. As Pat Patterson would say, “This crowd will go banana” for Punk tonight. For entrance music enthusiasts, I’m not one by the way, I hear rumors that Punk may have new ring music tonight. I actually hope that I’m wrong on that one….about the music that is.
– Thinking that AJ Lee wins the Divas Title over Kaitlyn but it’s a coin toss. These two got my attention last week on RAW and I hope that they can continue to do so tonight on PPV as it would greatly help the Divas division become more viable and meaningful. If this match is presented by all involved seriously, then it has a better chance of being perceived seriously.