Live Fan Report From Mick Foley’s “Good God Almighty” Comedy Show
Correspondent Streamz attended Mick Foley’s “Good God Almighty” comedy show in Sydney, Australia. Here is a recap from the event.
The opening comic, Brendon Burns, was hilarious while keeping his comedy almost entirely wrestling-centric. He seems like a pretty huge WWE fan and was sporting a CM Punk shirt on stage. His set definitely was not part of the WWE-PG initiative (thankfully), though I didn’t see too many young ones in the audience. Topics included:
• The words ‘Mick F’n Foley’ being the only necessary defense to anyone who says wrestling is fake, doesn’t hurt or is lame
• Smart marks and Cena haters
• Randy Orton’s orangeness and the non-existence of any adult male heterosexual Orton fans
• Ric Flair’s age, bankruptcy and his 4 Horsemen Hall of Fame induction speech
• The Great Khali being the proverbial ‘broomstick’ with which a great ring technician could supposedly even have a good match with, and his mother’s err, ‘post-birth condition’ (that’s about the only way I can put without this being censored)
Foley’s set wasn’t as outrageous, and a fair bit more PG. He told a lot of funny stories from the ring and the road (many of which I’d heard before from various interviews and whatnot but still entertaining). His tales included:
• Telling us not to be ‘that guy’ who asks ‘did it hurt when Undertaker threw you off the cell?’
• Losing his ear
• A male German ‘worker’ who was working a show hurt with a knee brace
• Having to call his wife after every PPV match
• His unique psych-up music before big matches and Kane’s reaction upon hearing it
• Torture being the deprivation of pleasure rather than the infliction of pain, centering around one in-ring encounter with Velvet Sky
• George Bush giving him a ‘bang bang’ from the window of his passing motorcade
• An amusing tale about rooming with DDP
To close the show he tried (and mostly failed) three times at leading the audience in humming along to some song (which I think the vast majority of us didn’t know). The humming was another reference to Khali’s mother’s err, ‘post-birth condition’. After a fairly long wait I got a quick autograph and picture with him at the meet and greet, but with the long line of people there wasn’t any time to chat.
Overall it was a great night and I’d highly recommend anyone to check out one of Foley’s shows, especially if he has Brendon as his support act.
1st let me wish all of our readers a Happy Easter from myself & everyone here at PWMania.com! ...
- Roman Reigns picked up his biggest singles win yet at the final WWE live event in Riyadah, Saudi A...
Check out this photo of WWE Superstar Bray Wyatt with his wife and two daughters: ...
Check out this photo of WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio unmasked with his wife: Photos Of WWE’s Re...
Kurt Angle appeared on TSN 1290 Friday and mentioned that his contract with TNA Wrestling is up in S...