WWE Super Smackdown Results – February 21, 2012
- Tonight’s WWE Super SmackDown special opens up with the normal SmackDown intro. We’re live from Rockford, Illinois as Josh Mathews welcomes us to Super SmackDown. Michael Cole plugs tonight’s Champion vs. Champion match while Booker T hypes Big Show vs. Mark Henry.
- Lilian Garcia introduces Daniel Bryan and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion with his girlfriend AJ Lee.
Bryan comes out and talks about people not believing he would win the Elimination Chamber and retain the World Heavyweight Champion. Bryan talks about Santino Marella trying to be like Rocky. Bryan says he’s a role model and the real Rocky story. Bryan goes on and says his celebration was ruined by Sheamus. Bryan says he’s going to ruin Sheamus’ WrestleMania moment. Bryan says he will be victorious at WrestleMania, just like tonight when he defeats CM Punk. Bryan goes on when The Miz comes out and interrupts him.
Miz comes out and says he knew Bryan would become World Champion one day. Miz said he mentored and molded Bryan into becoming a World Champion from their first day on NXT together. Miz congratulates Bryan on being in the main event of WrestleMania. Miz talks about them forming a tag team one day when Sheamus interrupts.
Sheamus comes out and insults Bryan. Sheamus says Bryan will get exactly what he deserves at WrestleMania. Miz gets in between Bryan and Sheamus. He says Sheamus deserves to be taken down a notch or two. Sheamus pushes Miz away and turns around to a slap from Bryan. Sheamus charges but Bryan runs away. Miz tangles with Sheamus but gets thrown over the top. Bryan retreats with AJ as Sheamus looks on pissed from the ring. We go to commercial.
The Miz vs. Sheamus
Back from the break and we have a match going on. Sheamus keeps control of Miz and takes him to the apron for a series of forearm shots to the chest. Miz falls from the apron and lands out on the floor. Sheamus brings it back in the ring with a shoulder thrust. Sheamus leaps over the top rope with a shoulder and covers Miz for 2.
Things turn around when Sheamus charges in the corner but hits the ring post. Miz works Sheamus over. Sheamus fights back from his feet with right hands and runs over Miz with three big shots. Sheamus with a clothesline in the corner and a backbreaker for a 2 count. Miz comes back and Sheamus blocks the Skull Crushing Finale. Miz ducks the Brogue Kick and rolls Sheamus up for 2. Sheamus lays Miz out with the Celtic Cross for the win.
- Backstage segment with Aksana and Teddy Long. Aksana wants Teddy to be General Manager of RAW and SmackDown. She says behind every good man is a good woman. John Laurinaitis walks in with David Otunga. Laurinaitis calls Teddy unprofessional and says this is why he should be General Manager of the shows. Teddy has put their office in the bathroom for tonight. We go back to commercial.
Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger
Back from the break and out first comes Kofi Kingston followed by his partner R-Truth. Vickie Guerrero is out next to introduce the team of Dolph Ziggler and United States Champion Jack Swagger.
Truth and Swagger start things off going at it. Truth knocks Ziggler off the apron but turns around to a big clothesline from Swagger. Swagger hits the Bomb in the corner for a 2 count. Swagger takes it to the corner and tags in Ziggler. Ziggler takes Truth to the mat and drops an elbow. Ziggler shows off before wearing Truth down and keeping him on the mat. Truth fights out but Ziggler pushes him into the corner. Ziggler runs into a big boot and misses a splash. Kofi Kingston comes kn off the top and takes out Ziggler and Swagger. Kofi with a dropkick on Ziggler. Kofi misses a splash in the corner but kicks Ziggler in the face. Kofi comes off the top with a crossbody for 2 as Swagger breaks the pin. Truth comes in but Swagger dumps him to the floor. Kofi dumps Swagger to the floor and Vickie gets knocked down. Kofi turns around to a thumb in the eye from Ziggler and his finisher for the win.
Winners: Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger
- More hype for Big Show vs. Mark Henry before going back to commercial.
- Back from the commercial and Santino Marella is backstage with his Cobra, knocking over plastic cups. Heath Slater appears and knocks all the cups off the table. Santino has a special Cobra and it spits water in Slater’s face several times.
- They hype the CM Punk and Chris Brown Twitter war before going back to commercial.
The Great Khali vs. Drew McIntyre
Back from the break and out comes The Great Khali as Drew McIntyre waits in the ring.
Drew pleads with Khali but pushes him. Khali grabs Drew and decks him with a big chop. Khali hits the Punjabi Plunge next for the squash win.
Winner: The Great Khali
- Matt Striker is backstage with Big Show. Show is going to deal with Mark Henry tonight but says he’s going to snap Cody Rhodes’ neck if he gets his hands on him. Back to commercial.
Mark Henry vs. Big Show
Back from the commercial and out first comes Mark Henry. Big Show is out next and we get ready to go.
Show starts the match with body blows on Henry, taking him to the corner. Show charges in the corner and splashes Henry. Henry ducks the knockout punch and takes Show off his feet. Henry stomps on Show now and drops an elbow. Henry keeps control until Show fights back to his feet. Henry drops him again with a clothesline.
Henry keeps control of the match and chokes Show with the bottom rope. Henry runs his mouth to Show as he beats him up in the corner. Henry runs into a big boot in the corner and Show clotheslines him twice. Show hits a big spear and calls for the chokeslam. Cody Rhodes’ music hits and out he comes to the stage. Cody talks Big Show vs. Aki Bono at WrestleMania 21 and shows footage of it – the first=ever Sumo match. The video ends and Show turns around to the World’s Strongest Slam and a splash from Henry but Show kicks out at 2.
Show gets up and drops Henry with a knockout punch. Show leaves the ring and goes to the back after Cody Rhodes with no winner announced.
- We get a replay from RAW of The Undertaker and Triple H’s in-ring segment.
David Otunga vs. Ezekiel Jackson
After several promo videos and commercials, we come back and Ezekiel Jackson comes out for a rematch from RAW. John Laurinaitis comes out next, dances a bit, then David Otunga makes his way out.
Otunga starts off with offense but Zeke overpowers him. Zeke takes the fight to the corner and hits him with clotheslines and a big splash. Zeke with a sideslam now. Zeke goes for the Torture Rack but Otunga escapes to the apron. Otunga brings himself back in and hits his finisher on Zeke for the win out of nowhere.
Winner: David Otunga
- Back from more breaks and WWE Champion CM Punk is backstage with Matt Striker. Punk says he supports Teddy Long as GM of both shows and says he will confront Chris Jericho on Monday’s RAW. Punk talks about Bryan now and says being World Champion has gone to his head. Punk says he will teach Bryan how to lose tonight. Back to commercial.
Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk
Back from the break and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan to mostly boos from the crowd. The crowd starts to chant CM Punk’s name and out comes the WWE Champion next.
They plug the Punk-Brown Twitter war some more. Punk and Bryan lock up and go to the corner. They lock up again and Bryan takes him to the mat. More back and forth action with pin attempts. They face off as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk drops Bryan with a knee to the gut. More offense from Punk and a 2 count. Bryan turns it around and starts working on Punk’s arm. Punk goes for a crossbody from the top but Bryan blocks it and slams Punk on his arm. Bryan keeps working on Punk’s arm. Punk catches his leg but Bryan won’t let him get the upperhand. Bryan drops a knee to the chest and the injured arm. Punk fights out and drops Bryan over his knee but they both go down.
Punk comes back with kicks and a dropkick. Punk continues and goes for GTS but it’s blocked. Punk counters the LaBell Lock but misses the roundhouse kick. Bryan goes to leave but Sheamus runs down and throws him back in the ring. Punk connects with the roundhouse kick to the head for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- After the match, Sheamus heads to the back and out comes John Laurinaitis. He will not allow this injustice to continue and re-starts the match.
The bell rings and Punk unloads with chops and a knee to the gut. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk goes at it with Bryan in the ring. During the break, Punk took out Bryan on the floor and mocked him to the crowd. In the ring now, they trade pin attempts. Bryan rolls Punk up and uses the ropes for leverage to get the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Teddy Long comes down and says the match will not end like that. Teddy argues with Laurinaitis about what happened. Teddy re-starts the match.
Punk and Bryan go at it trading shots in the middle of the ring. Bryan ducks a clothesline and they trade holds again. Punk dumps Bryan out to the floor and dives through the ropes to take him out.
Punk hits the high knee in the corner but Bryan blocks the bulldog and works on Punk’s arm. Bryan hits a hue dropkick to Punk’s face in the corner and covers him for 2. They come off the top rope and Punk rolls Bryan up for 2. Punk takes kicks to the chest but catches Bryan’s leg from a roll up. Punk blocks the LaBell Lock and catapults Bryan into the corner. Punk drops Bryan with a roundhouse kick but Bryan gets his foot on the bottom rope to stop the pin.
Punk goes to the top for the big elbow drop but Bryan cuts him off. Bryan goes for a superplex but Punk fights him. Punk headbutts Bryan back to the mat. Bryan runs right back up but Punk shoves him back to the mat. Bryan runs up once again and stops Punk from coming down on him. Bryan hits the superplex this time. They stay connected when they hit the mat and hook each other’s legs for the pin. It appears that both men got the pin. Teddy and Laurinaitis both think their man won and the referee looks puzzled. Laurinaitis comes in and raises Bryan’s hand while Teddy raises Punk’s hand in victory. Laurinaitis and Teddy start arguing in the middle of the ring and take their coats off. Teddy storms off up the ramp as Bryan tries to calm Laurinaitis down and SmackDown goes off the air.
You may also be interested in...
Here is Mickie James' new lyric video for her single "I'm Gone Song," from her album Somebody's Gonn...
- Jim Ross posted his latest blog entry looking at Raw. Here are the highlights: On Daniel Bryan:...
As PWMania.com previously reported, Daniel Bryan legitimately suffered a stinger in his match agains...
WWE taped this week’s WWE SmackDown Tuesday night from the Nutter Center at Wright State Universit...
- WWE taped the following matches tonight in Dayton, Ohio for this week's WWE Main Event: * The S...