More WWE Conference Call Highlights; Vince’s Thoughts On Creative, New Shows & More
– Here are some more highlights from the WWE conference call with investors on Thursday:
* WWE is open to creating new wrestling shows for the Network if it makes sense economically. They are planning to have some live programming on the Network.
* Vince McMahon feels that the writing of RAW and SmackDown is considerably better than it has been. He called it evolving when someone asked if they were trying to be edgier recently.
* Regarding live event business on the SmackDown side, they are behind from where they want it to be but hoping that recent upgrades to the production value of live events will increase attendance in the future.
* Vince hopes that the Main Event TV show that premieres on Ion in October will help them reach a new audience.