– IGN has reported new details on The Road to WrestleMania mode in the new WWE ’12 video game. Here are some highlights:
* Players will play as three different characters throughout the storyline. Two of the storylines are pre-determined.
* Previous games featured about 3 months of time but the new Road to WrestleMania mode covers about 18 months of time – covering two WrestleMania events.
* The new Road to WrestleMania mode isn’t actually focused on the big event. It’s focused on “building characters, feuds and storylines.”
* The mode is split into three different acts, with each act focusing on a different Superstar. Sheamus plays a heel and Triple H plays the babyface. The third act lets you select or create a custom Superstar who will play the “outsider” role.
* THQ hired TNA X Division Champion Austin Aries, before TNA signed him, to do voice-over work for your character in the storyline, who goes by the name Jacob Cass.
* The mode is a lot more detailed than before. For example, Sheamus forms a stable with Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett and William Regal called The United Kingdom, complete with their own entrance video and theme. The re-formation of WCW is also brought up.