WWE WrestleMania 28 News; Title Changes & Attendance, More
- The dark match before WWE WrestleMania pay-per-view saw Primo and Epico retain the WWE Tag Team Titles against Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel and The Usos.
- As noted, Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan to become the new World Heavyweight Champion in just 18 seconds. F4Wonline.com reported that WWE wanted to break the record of the short Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero match a few years back and the plan had been in the works for some time.
- Big Show defeated Cody Rhodes to become the new Intercontinental Champion.
- WWE announced that 78,363 fans set an attendance record for Sun Life Stadium at the pay-per-view.
- John Laurinaitis won control of both RW and SmackDown at WrestleMania 28 when Team Laurinaitis defeated Team Long in the 12-man match. After the match Eve Torres, who had distracted Zack Ryder for the finish, turned on him by kicking him below the belt. Ryder wrote on Twitter: “@EveMarieTorres ruined my #WrestleMania moment. I got a low blowski from a hoeski.”
- We received reports from WrestleMania 28 that some fans had their views obstructed by the palm trees that were used for the set.
PWMania.com is a subscription free website and relies on advertising and donations from people like you. If everyone reading this donates a few dollars, we can be fully funded for another year. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays! - PWMania.com Team =)