Here’s the latest on the upcoming WWE Network, launching in just over 4 months:
* WWE wants the network to be more than just wrestling-themed programming.
* With WWE’s recent obsession with Twitter, they’ve built an army of fans they can use to push cable carriers to carry their network.
* Most pay-per-view events, NXT and Superstars will be moving to the network.
* The Network has the potential to be WWE’s most valuable asset and it will give them a 24/7 outlet to constantly promote their brand.
* WWE hopes to find outside of the box original programming that won’t be wrestling-related once they get established. This would be similar to a show like the History Channel eventually finding hit shows like Pawn Stars that isn’t “history” related.
* The plan for the network is to eventually brand WWE as more of a lifestyle brand instead of just a “sports-entertainment/pro wrestling” company.