News From Thursday’s NXT Taping; Announcer Debuts, Jim Ross Comments, William Regal
- Here are some more notes from last night’s WWE NXT tapings at Full Sail University:
* The next tapings are November 15th and Big Show will be the special guest Superstar.
* Another new announcer debuted last night – Tom Hannifan, who currently works for the Big 10 Network. He worked with Jim Ross and Tony Luftman, who debuted a few weeks back. Luftman handled a majority of the Superstar interviews.
* William Regal was not in attendance for commentary, likely because of Hannifan trying out. Regal will be back for the November tapings.
* Ring announcing was handled by Byron Saxton and Summer Rae.
* Darren Young and Titus O’Neil used their new theme song.
* Main roster talents who worked the tapings were Damien Sandow, Tyson Kidd, The Usos, Darren Young, Titus O’Neil, Layla, Alicia Fox, Camacho, Jinder Mahal, Aksana, Trent Baretta, Michael McGillicutty, Johnny Curtis, Kane, Daniel Bryan and Michael Cole.
– Finally, here are some comments from JR about last night’s tapings:
“3 hrs & 2 extra bouts in the can @FullSail 4 #WWE NXT. Worked 3 shows, 2 w/ Tom Hannifan & 1 w/ Tony Luftman. Next stop..#RedRiverRivalry!”
“No @RealKingRegal this time @WWE NXT. He’ll be back @FullSail Nov 15. I had @ Moe’s today in his honor. I’m working w/ 2 ‘new guys.’ #WWE”
“Several #WWE NXT Talents had good nights. Big E Langston, Ohno, Mahal,Rollins, Bray Wyatt, Kruger, McGillicutty, Curtis, Woods, others. #WWE”