– Tonight’s “Blast from the Past” Super SmackDown opens up with a vintage video for the Legends that will be appearing. We go to the normal SmackDown opening video before Josh Mathews welcomes us to SmackDown from Hampton, Virginia.
– We see a video from last week where Daniel Bryan broke up with AJ Lee. Michael Cole plugs Piper’s Pit with Bryan and Roddy Piper for later tonight.
– Lilian Garcia introduces Mean Gene Okerlund and the Hall of Famer is in the ring. He welcomes us to SmackDown and brings out his guest – World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus.
Sheamus takes the mic and thanks Okerlund. Sheamus talks about hitting the referee last week and letting everyone down. He says there’s no excuse for his actions and his behavior. Sheamus publicly apologizes to referee Chad Patton, the other WWE officials and everyone across the world. Sheamus says he’s sorry. Sheamus says we all make mistakes and try and learn from them. Some learn the easy way, some learn the hard way. Sheamus says he always learns the hard way. The new music of John Laurinaitis hits and out he comes.
Laurinaitis storms the ring and shows us the video of Sheamus hitting the referee last week. Laurinaitis says he’s going to take some action. He wants a public apology. Sheamus says he already has. Laurinaitis says he didn’t hear it and makes Sheamus apologize again. He tells Sheamus to apologize to the rest of the referees again and Sheamus does. Same with the people across the world. Another apology from Sheamus. Laurinaitis says that’s not good enough. Sheamus is now on permanent probation. If he touches another referee, even by accident, then he’s fired. Laurinaitis says he’s going to fine Sheamus the largest fine in WWE history – $500,000. Laurinaitis wishes Sheamus good luck in his match tonight. It will be Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus and… Gene Okerlund.
– Randy Orton is backstage when Cowboy Bob Orton walks in. Orton’s dad has words of encouragement before a match against Mark Henry. We go to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry
Back from the break and out comes Randy Orton to a big pop from the crowd. Out next is Mark Henry.
They lock up and Henry throws Orton to the corner. Orton fights out but Henry tosses hi to the other corner. Henry misses a clothesline and Orton fires away with right hands. Henry drops him with a headbutt. Orton with right hands now. Orton mounts Henry in the corner but Henry slams him to the mat for a 2 count. We see Orton’s dad watching backstage as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Henry is in control after going back and forth during the break. Orton fights out of a hold but Henry scoop slams him. Henry hits a big splash on the mat for another 2 count. Henry takes Orton back to the corner and works him over. Henry with a big splash and more offense. 2 count by Henry.
Henry misses another splash and runs into a boot in the corner. Orton comes back with a pair of clotheslines and a DDT on Henry. 2 count for Orton now. Orton grabs Henry on the apron and goes for the draping DDT but it’s blocked. Henry grabs him but the World’s Strongest Slam is blocked. Henry blocks the RKO and shoves Orton out to the floor. Henry follows but gets shoved into the ring post twice. Orton drops Henry on the floor with a big uppercut. Orton rolls back into the ring and the pyro explodes as Kane’s music hits. Kane appears on the big screen and says he needed to win at WrestleMania so he could be whole again. But Orton proved last week why he’s the one, the only Viper. Kane says it would be a shame if it ended now. Kane says he’s having so much fun… the kind of fun that the whole family can enjoy. We see Orton’s dad Cowboy Bob Orton knocked out at Kane’s feet. Orton takes off running to the back.
Orton finds his dad but gets attacked by Kane with a pipe. Kane says he’s a sucker for family reunions and walks off with Orton down on the ground beside his dad. Back to commercial.
Benny Camer vs. Ryback
We see Pat Patterson, Ted DiBiase Sr., Tony Atlas and Hillbilly Jim watching backstage as a local guy Benny Camer is i the ring. He takes the mic and starts to speak when Ryback’s music hits and out he comes.
The bell rings and Ryback runs over Camer with a huge clothesline. Ryback hits the big slam for the squash win.
– Tyson Kidd and Heath Slater are backstage talking. They have a match against The Usos. Slater says he has found them a Hall of Fame manager for tonight. In comes Jimmy Hart. Hart calls this a winning combination as they walk off with Kidd shaking his head.
– Back from commercial and Mick Foley comes out for commentary.
Heath Slater and Tyson Kidd vs. The Usos
We go to the ring and out comes the team of Heath Slater and Tyson Kidd with Jimmy Hart as their manager. Kidd starts things out for his team. Back and forth to start. Slater tags himself in and stops a roll up by Uso. Slater tells Kidd to get out of the ring as Hart yells on the megaphone. Slater with a neckbreaker for 2 on Uso.
Uso makes a comeback and gets a close 2 count that’s broke up by Kidd. Hart continues yelling at ringside with the megaphone until Foley has had enough. Foley gets up and puts on Socko while The Usos get the win in the ring.
Winners: The Usos
– After the match, Usos leave as Hart gets in the ring to check on Slater. Foley puts Socko on Jimmy Hart and down he goes. Foley takes the megaphone and says something about a mistake.
– Hype for tonight’s tag team main event. Up next, Piper’s Pit with Daniel Bryan. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper. The ring is set up for Piper’s Pit. Piper says he misses the fans and they start chanting his name. Piper talks about Daniel Bryan and shows footage of him breaking up with AJ Lee last week. Piper introduces Bryan and out he comes.
Bryan points to signs in the crowd and fans start chanting “YES!” Piper says Bryan seems happy for a guy that lost the World Title in 18 seconds. Bryan says he had a meeting with John Laurinaitis and he got his rematch for the title. The crowd chants “18 seconds.” Bryan’s rematch will be a 2 of 3 Falls Match at Extreme Rules. Bryan wants to pin Sheamus and make him tap. Bryan says AJ is why he lost the title and she won’t be anywhere around. Piper says AJ is in the building tonight and he likes her and this is his show. Piper invites AJ out to the ring.
AJ comes out and says regardless of what has happened, Bryan is a nice guy. She goes on and Piper interrupts. Piper wants her to stand up for herself. Bryan says if AJ loves him, she will leave the ring and she does. Bryan goes to leave the ring but Piper tells him to come back. Piper says you don’t tell a lady to shut up and you don’t use her as a personal shield. Piper calls Bryan a coward. Piper talks about Extreme Rules and how Sheamus will kick Bryan’s head off his shoulders. Bryan says the fact that he’s better than Sheamus will slap everyone across the face at Extreme Rules. Bryan slaps Piper in the face and runs off. Bryan backs up the ramp yelling “YES!” as Piper fumes in the ring.
– More hype for tonight’s tag team main event before going back to commercial.
The Great Khali, Natalya and Alicia Fox vs. The Bella Twins and Drew McIntyre
Back from the break and all six participants are in the ring. Khali and Drew start things out. Khali overpowers him and Drew leaves the match screaming that he’s better than this. Alicia goes at it with one of the Bellas and hits a bridge suplex for the quick win.
Winners: The Great Khali, Alicia Fox and Natalya
– Khali dances up the ramp with Alicia and Natalya. They stop and out comes Hall of Famer Mae Young. Khali kneels down and gets a kiss from Mae.
– Back from the break and we get another Damien Sandow vignette. He’s talking about sophistication. He insults people for using social media but says he will be the beacon of light they need.
– We see footage from earlier where Kane attacked Randy Orton’s dad and then Orton with a pipe. Mathews says Cowboy Bob suffered abdominal injuries in the attack from Kane.
– We get the RAW Rebound with Brock Lesnar and John Cena.
– Mean Gene is backstage with Sheamus and he doesn’t like their chances tonight. Sheamus is smiling and Gene wonders if he has something up his sleeve. Sheamus says they probably won’t win tonight but he’s not going to give Laurinaitis the satisfaction of seeing him sweat the match. Sheamus is proud to tag with Okerlund and says if they survive, the first pint is on him. Back to commercial.
Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Hunico
Back from the break and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Hunico is out next with Camacho at his side. Hunico runs down Duggan and says he’s the future of WWE. Duggan sends Hunico out to the floor early on. Camacho looks to interfere until Duggan calls out Sgt. Slaughter to even things up.
Slaughter tosses the 4×4 to Duggan and he hits Hunico and Camacho with it for the bell as both enter the ring. Slaughter applies the Cobra Clutch on Hunico. Duggan and Slaughter celebrate to end it.
– Back from the break and out comes Cody Rhodes. He says tonight is just a waste of time and everyone should be focusing on the future. A future where he is the Intercontinental Champion again. The music hits and out comes Dusty Rhodes to interrupt.
Dream talks about Cody being talented and poking Big Show and Cody cuts him off. Cody says he is embarrassing him and they can discuss this in the back. Cody goes to leave when Big Show comes out. Show plays video on the big screen of “Dashing” Cody Rhodes applying lip gloss in one of the older vignettes. Show says now that’s embarrassing and leaves. The crowd chants for Dusty. Cody hesitates before leaving. Dusty’s music hits again and he starts dancing in the ring – another embarrassment to Cody.
– Sheamus and Mean Gene are backstage walking to the ring as we go back to commercial.
Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus and Mean Gene Okerlund
Back from the break and Daniel Bryan is waiting in the ring. Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction next as Alberto Del Rio comes in driving a Rolls Royce. Howard Finkel appears at the stage next and introduces Gene Okerlund. Okerlund heads to the ring wearing a Sheamus sweatshirt. Out next comes the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, also introduced by The Fink.
Sheamus starts things out with Del Rio. Sheamus takes him down and goes after Bryan. Sheamus turns around to a kick from Del Rio and he goes down. Bryan tags in and they double team the World Champ. Bryan with kicks before taking Sheamus to the corner for more kicks. Another tag to Del Rio and more double teaming.
Sheamus comes back and sends Del Rio to the floor. Bryan blocks the Brogue Kick and knocks Sheamus out to the floor. Sheamus gets laid out on the floor with a huge kick. Okerlund comes in the ring and is bullied by Del Rio, Bryan and Ricardo. They back Gene into the corner when Roddy Piper’s music hits. Piper coms out with DiBiase, Atlas, Duggan, Patterson, Hart, Rhodes, Hillbilly Jim and Slaughter. Piper has words with Bryan on the apron. Bryan turns around to a big Brogue Kick from Sheamus for the win.
Winners: Mean Gene Okerlund and Sheamus
– After the match, Fink announces the winners. The Legends surround Ricardo Rodriguez in the ring and take turns hitting their moves on him. Sheamus finishes it with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus poses with the Legends when Michael Cole interrupts. Cole comes in the ring with a mic and asks everyone to give it up for the WWE Legends. Cole wants to do a photo op so they can get back to the retirement home. They grab him and he says he was just kidding. Pat Patterson drops Cole and Sheamus kicks him out of the ring. Sheamus poses with the Legends again as SmackDown goes off the air.