Riggs Comments On Issue With Rhodes, Phoniness Of FCW Talent
Tough Enough contestant Jeremiah Riggs appeared on Hit The Ropes Radio (interview available at HitTheRopes.com, beginning in the second hour). He discussed his time on the USA Network reality series, as well as his recent stop in Florida Championship Wrestling. Interview highlights are as follows:
On the promo he cut in FCW that led to an issue with Dusty Rhodes: “I don’t know the whole system on how, I guess, things work around here. If you give somebody a microphone and you tell them they’ve got one minute, go have fun, hey this is your time, do what you need to do. And you’ve got a guy who goes out there, bar none…there’s nothing about Jeremiah Riggs that is like anybody else. I don’t have to be the next Stone Cold, I don’t need to be the next Triple H, I don’t need to do anything but be the one and only up-and-coming, Jerry Riggs.
“That’s the only thing I care about. So after I do what I do, we’re having a daggone good time. I might have dropped an F-bomb but hey, I didn’t see a big deal in that and I didn’t do it again once I was told not to do it. Man, I’m having fun. Even after the altercation with me and Dusty, or whatever he wanted to do, I sat down on the chair, put my hat on my knee and started laughing and said ‘Guys, I’m just having fun.’ I don’t want ya’ to think that I’m being pissy but hey, man, don’t someone just going to run over me. I even told them, ‘It ain’t no disrespect.’ It ain‘t nothing like that. I’m just saying. It would have been better if I had some guidelines.”
On phoniness in FCW: “Sometimes locker rooms are just like beauty parlors. It’s nothing but a bunch of drama and a bunch gossip. I like to consider myself away from that stuff. That’s like after the promo stuff. Don’t shake my hand and then whenever something goes down walk past me like, ‘I don’t know that dude.’ That’s phony. That’s being fake to me.”
On having the opportunity to do Tough Enough and wrestling thus far: “I enjoyed the opportunity. I am very pleased to be apart of what I been apart of. Never dreamed in a million years I would have been apart of anything like that. And I pride myself on that. Like I said, we’ll see what happens. I’m not promising anything. I’m not writing books and stuff about it but we’ll see what happens down the road. I’m not a fortune teller.”
Other Interview Topics
* Says he’ll give Seth Rollins his two minutes of radio time before responding to Rollins’ claim that he was “10 words from getting his ass kicked.”
* Names his favorite wrestlers growing up.
* Speaks of his time in the military, doing a tour in Afghanistan.
* Mentions whether or not he would go to TNA if they came to him.
* Talks of how injuries played a part in Tough Enough and thinks they should separate the ladies from the guys.
We noted earlier via Dave Scherer of PWInsider that Eric Bischoff has three months left on his TNA c...
UK retail site Zavvi has revealed two upcoming WWE DVD projects. One is a Sting DVD and Blu-ray that...
- Stephanie McMahon is featured in the latest episode of The JBL & Cole Show: - Howard "The F...
- Below is the updated card for TNA's Sacrifice pay-per-view: World Heavyweight Title Match Magn...
- TNA is trying to move away from Eric Young's goofy character in hopes they can turn around the per...