Sheamus’ IC Title Shot Nixed, Recent WWE Attendance, Hector Garza Remembered On Raw
– At one point, WWE was going to do Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental Title on last night’s episode of Main Event. That match was changed to Sheamus vs. Antonio Cesaro, likely because Barrett left for Japan this week to do promotional work for WWE.
– The April 29th RAW had 289,000 homes watching on DVR or tape delay. The May 6th RAW had 363,000 homes watching on DVR or tape delay and the May 13th show had 305,000 homes watching on a delay.
– Here are some recent WWE attendance figures:
* RAW on May 31st in Glens Falls, NY drew 4,200 fans for $165,000
* RAW on June 1st in Manchester, NH drew 4,700 fans for $185,000
* SmackDown on June 1st in Bethlehem, PA drew 3,800 fans for $140,000
* RAW on June 2nd in Augusta, ME drew 3,800 fans for $135,000
* SmackDown on June 2nd in Poughkeepsie, NY drew 2,400 fans for $115,000
– WWE actually had a reference to Mexican legend Hector Garza passing away on their May 27th RAW broadcast. Ricardo Rodriguez snuck a mention into his Alberto Del Rio ring introduction and almost nobody recognized it because it was in Spanish.
(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)