*Spoilers* 2011 WWE Tribute To The Troops Taping Results
- Thanks to Byron and Angela for the following spoilers from last night’s WWE Tribute to the Troops tapings in Fayetteville, North Carolina. These will air December 14th on the USA Network and December 17th on NBC.
* The Crown Coliseum was just about packed to the max and the crowd was hot all night.
* The dark match was Santino Marella beating Jinder Mahal who played the heel to the Troops.
* Lilian Garcia stunned everyone with the Star Spangled Banner to open the show.
* After a Troops video package, Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett kicked off the show. David Otunga ran in and attacked Orton, causing the DQ. Barrett set up a table but left before he could use it. Orton RKO’d Otunga and then put him through the table.
* Another nice Troops video.
* Zack Ryder, who had Sgt. Slaughter in his corner beat Jack Swagger. Slaughter ended up throwing Dolph Ziggler over the announcer’s table.
* Booker T joined Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole on commentary.
* Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan fought until Booker T interered. Booker attacked Cody and then did a Spin-A-Rooni to a big ovation.
* Mary J. Blige performed a few songs and the crowd loved it.
* Maria Menounos, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox beat The Bella Twins, Natalya and Beth Phoenix in the usual Divas match. Menounos got the pin on Beth.
* Primo and Epico with Rosa Mendes beat Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston in a non-title match.
* Sheamus defeated Drew McIntyre. Into the match, Sheamus wouldn’t stop beating on Drew so the referee disqualified him. They kept filming and Sheamus brought Drew back in the ring, hit the Brogue Kick and got the pin for the win.
* Nickelback was the next performance and they did the RAW theme song.
* Rey Mysterio appeared backstage to a big pop. He says he can’t compete. Alberto Del Rio and The Miz walk in. They went on about TLC when CM Punk walked in to chat with Rey.
* Comedian George Wallace performed next. We weren’t sure if this will air on TV but it was good.
* Big Show, John Cena and CM Punk beat The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Mark Henry in the main event. Del Rio drove his car into the arena and John Cena got one of the biggest reactions I’ve ever heard at a WWE event. Cena also got the pin for his team.
After the main event the entire roster came out to the stage and the ring. Triple H and BG James, among others, were there but we couldn’t spot any of the McMahon family. Cena closed the show with a speech about the Troops.
PWMania.com is a subscription free website and relies on advertising and donations from people like you. If everyone reading this donates a few dollars, we can be fully funded for another year. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays! - PWMania.com Team =)