*Spoilers* Detailed WWE Smackdown Taping Results For Tonight
WWE taped this week’s WWE Smackdown from the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa. Thanks to ProWrestling.net and reader Tyler Rooney for the following detailed results:
WWE Smackdown Taping
1. Christian beat Mark Henry. Both men put on the best attempt of a good match as they could… fairly quick though with Christian picking up the win.
After the match, Christian stayed in the ring with a microphone so it was promo time. Christian talked about how he really wanted to be in the title match considering that the referee missed a long count during the number one contender’s match last week where Christian could have won. Theodore Long came out to say he feels Christian’s pain but he won’t make the match a triple threat match. Long did make Christian the special guest referee for the main event so he can at least be a part of it.
2. Alicia Fox and Tamina (w/Rosa Mendes) beat A.J. and Kaitlyn (w/Natalya). Nothing special whatsoever and ended fast with Alicia Fox and Tamina winning.
Cody Rhodes was out next to cut a promo on Daniel Bryan. Oh yes, the whole paper bag bit was in it at full force. This was the first time I’ve seen the cameraman put one of the bags over the camera to film with… kind of random. Cody, of course, went into his usual spiel about how everyone needs to wear the bags.
Backstage: The Great Khali was being interviewed when Jinder Mahal interrupted only to say that if you want to talk to Khali, you’d need to talk to him first.
3. Jinder Mahal beat Yoshi Tatsu. Total squash match with Jinder Mahal winning. After the match, Khali took out Yoshi and then they left the ring.
4. Ezekiel Jackson beat Wade Barrett via countout in an Intercontinental Championship match. This was similar to how their match was going at Over the Limit with fewer slams from Big Zeke. At one point, Barrett found himself outside of the ring and then intentionally got counted out to retain his title. Slater and Gabriel rushed the ring only to get beat up by Zeke and in the process, Barrett left them high and dry and looked pissed.
5. Daniel Bryan beat Ted DiBiase. One of the better matches of the night. Back and forth action with Daniel Bryan making Ted tap out. Cody Rhodes rushed the ring to beat down Bryan but then Sin Cara made a surprise save for Bryan.
6. Randy Orton defeated Sheamus to retain the World Hvt. Championship with Christian as special referee. Not a shabby World Title match by any means, Christian called it right down the middle. At one point, Orton ducked and Sheamus ran into Christian. Sheamus hit the Brogue kick and almost got the three count, but then Christian stopped his count to complain about his wrist hurting… hahaha funny bit. Orton hit the RKO and then got the victory. As Christian was going to hand Orton his title, he hit him in the skull with it and then posed with his belt on the rampway.
PWMania.com is a subscription free website and relies on advertising and donations from people like you. If everyone reading this donates a few dollars, we can be fully funded for another year. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays! - PWMania.com Team =)