Spoilers: ROH Wrestling’s Finest Taping Results From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Ring of Honor hosted Wrestling’s Finest Saturday night from the David L. Lawrence Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The show was taped and will air on Ring of Honor Wrestling in the coming weeks, here are the results and information we have gathered from the show.
Attendance: 900 – 1,200
(1) The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) def. Adrenaline Rush (ACH & Tadarius Thomas) with their finishing maneuver, which involves BJ Whitmer setting up for the Dominator and Jacobs hitting a low Ace Crusher. Said to have been a good opening match.
(2) ROH Top Prospects Tournament Finals
Hanson def. Raymond Rowe with a Spinning Heel Kick. Said to have been a really good match, very hard hitting, crowd had no idea who’d win.
(3) Mike Bennett def. The Romantic Touch with his new finishing maneuver the Anaconda Vice. Veda Scott was on commentary, an obvious continuation from this past weeks Ring of Honor Wrestling where she states The Romantic Touch is actually Rhett Titus. Solid match, nothing spectacular.
Truth Martini comes out with The Hoopla Hotties (Scarlett Bordeaux and Seleyzia) and says that they are useless. He tells them to go to the back because they are no longer of use. He then calls out Matt Taven and the two have a back and forth, which brings Truth to say that Hoopla is dead, to which Taven responds if it is, then Truth may as well leave. Martini agrees and does so.
(4) ROH World TV Championship Match
Tommaso Ciampa (c) def. Matt Taven & Jay Lethal after pinning Taven following Project Ciampa, following an distraction from Truth Martini. After the match Lethal and Ciampa had words and referees had to hold them apart, Ciampa signalling for Lethal to come get him some.
(5) Cedric Alexander def. Andrew Everett in what was said to have been the match of the night. Everett had a lot of backing from the crowd despite only having recently debuted. Alexander looked really impressive and carried himself well. This match was originally set to be Roderick Strong vs. Paul London but Strong had to be pulled out due to injury and London missed the show due to flight delays.
(6) Kevin Steen def. Kyle O’Reilly with the Sharpshooter in a really good match. O’Reilly was made to look very strong and one attendant noted that his improvement in personality is extremely noticeable when compared to when he last faced Steen. Cliff Compton tried to interfere but to no avail.
After the match, Steen cut a promo on Compton, saying that he better thank Colt for putting him on his podcast and making him relevant. Compton jumped the rail. Steen and Compton get into a brawl, even fight off officials to keep it going. Steen F-Cinq’s Compton to the floor. Compton puts Steen through a table on the floor with a Superfly Splash.
It was announced that in the next match, if Adam Cole gets pinned by anybody, they would receive a shot at the world championship.
(7) 6-Man Tag Team Match
Chris Hero & Michael Elgin def. Adam Cole & Matt Hardy / The Briscoes.
- Matt Hardy hit Jay Briscoe with the Twist of Fate following a low blow to eliminate The Briscoes. Fans booed Hardy heavily. Jay Briscoe is walking to the back but u-turns and attacks Cole. Security has to pull Jay to the back as fans chant “Man Up!”
- Chris Hero pins Adam Cole following an Electric Chair turned into an elbow strike to the back of his head, knocking him out. Post-match Elgin and Hero have a nose-to-nose confrontation, exchanging words but shaking hands. Elgin gets on the microphone and congratulates Hero, but tells him that he will be ROH World Champion in the near future.
Watch several video highlights from WWE Main Event. ...
WWE taped the August 1, 2014 WWE SmackDown episode from the America Bank Center in Corpus Christi, T...
- WWE has announced that Randy Orton will have a special message for Roman Reigns on Friday's SmackD...
WWE Main Event Results - July 29th, 2014 We open Main Event with Dean Ambrose making his way to t...
- You may have noticed Paige does not wrestle in traditional wrestling boots as she competes in Dr. ...