*Spoilers* TNA Impact Wrestling Taping Results For 4/18
TNA taped the April 18 episode of TNA Impact Wrestling on Thursday night from the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas. Here are spoiler results:
TNA Impact Wrestling: (Airing April 18, 2013)
1. Mickie James defeated Miss Tessmacher. ODB was special referee. The crowd came alive for Mickie more than the local Miss Tessmacher (Houston is not too far from Corpus Christi for her). Mickie hit her up top for a close one. These ladies are way superior to any Divas match featured here before and the crowd was pretty entertained. In a sloppy finish, Mickie won with a roll up pin gone wrong.
Jeremy Borash announced the main event of Bully Ray vs. Sting.
2. Garett Bischoff and Wes Brisco beat Kurt Angle. Huge pop for Angle, who lost due to shady tactics from Aces & 8s. Angle took a beating and then they got on the mic and boasted about Bully’s win.
Angle got a nice pop when he left and Borash said the referee has camera on his head and next week it will be featured for the X Division. It seems like this will be the norm for X Division going forward due to the way he hyped it up.
3. X Division Champion Kenny King beat Zema Ion and Petey Williams. There were some boring chants and the crowd is starting to get restless. Two tapings wears a person out. King pinned Ion.
TV Champion Devon vs. Magnus never got started. Aces & 8’s beat Magnus down on the ramp and gave him a Shield-esque powerbomb on the stage. Samoa Joe made the save. Not sure if it will make TV, but Devon and company got a big pop as they left the arena. Devon took a look at me and my buddy Robert Chapa and gave us a nod.
Christopher Daniels and Kazarian came out as they pushed the year of Bad Influence. They were trying to sell their shirts and their right to a tag championship match. Austin Aries and Bobby Roode came out. Kaz tried to push the vegan card to Aries and that never matters in wrestling. People wanted this to end. Chavo and Hernandez came to the ring and they attacked Aries and Roode and showed off their titles after for no pop.
4. TV Champion Devon beat Samoa Joe. Aces & 8’s came out mid match and struck Joe, and then Devon got the pin. There was another Aces & 8’s celebration for winning a match. Anderson struck Joe in the face with his fist and it looked like it actually landed. As Devon left, he took popcorn from a fan and ended up throwing it at a young child. It almost started trouble with the section.
5. A.J. Styles defeated James Storm. The crowd chanted “you still got it” at Styles. He was in good shape. Storm had him for his superkick, but Styles reversed it into a sweet looking ankle lock. Bad Influence were out, but Styles walked right past them. Aces & 8’s attacked the remaining wrestlers.
Bully Ray took the mic to loud boos from the crowd. Ray said all our heroes are dead and done then said we should blame it on Hulk Hogan. He called out Hogan for the next week’s live Impact. They proceeded to beat down Storm and then Sting came out to largest pop of both night tapings. Sting called out Aces and 8’s while Storm and Joseph Park were in ring with him. There were loud “you suck” chants to Ray as he tried to talk. It became a six-man tag match rather than the singles match that was promised earlier.
6. Sting, James Storm, and Joseph Park defeated Bully Ray, Devon, and DOC. Storms started off, but there were loud Sting chants and he got in to wrestle Ray. Sting performed some splashes late in the match. He got the bat and Storm hits the Last Call on DOC, and Park got in with his splash. Sting performed Death Drop and it was over.
The crowd stayed hot for most all of the show. The sound system and the lack of fireworks hurts the major presence that WWE has when they are here.
(Courtesy: Prowrestling.net reader Earnest De La Garza)