Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Taping Results For 1/17
WWE taped the January 17, 2014 episode of WWE SmackDown from the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. Here are full WWE SmackDown spoilers.
* Alexander Rusev defeated Tyson Kidd by submission. Rusev cut a promo before the match but was met with “What?” chants from the crowd. The crowd was said to be hot for Kidd.
* The Miz is on commentary with JBL and Michael Cole.
* The New Age Outlaws vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust kicks off SmackDown with a non-title match. The Outlaws do their usual schtick but don’t mention CM Punk. The match is going back and forth until Vickie Guerrero interrupts. She’s booed so loud you can’t hear what she’s saying but it’s something about how it’s every man for himself, brother vs. brother and friend vs. friend in the Royal Rumble. Billy Gunn takes advantage of the distraction and rolls Cody up for the win.
* Backstage segment with CM Punk and Renee Young. Punk has called out all three members of The Shield for tonight.
* Paul Heyman comes out to the ring and gets booed big time. He puts over Brock Lesnar and says Big Show would never hurt him because of Lesnar. Heyman says Lesnar will be on RAW. Big Show’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop. Show hits the ring and Heyman runs away through the crowd. Show has a replay shown from where he tossed Lesnar on RAW. Show says this time he will knock Lesnar out.
* Eva Marie ring announces the next match but the audio goes out on her half way in. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio is up next. Mysterio cuts a promo and mentions Batista but Del Rio attacks him to start the match. Lots of back and forth. Del Rio works on Rey’s knee. Rey hits 619 but Del Rio blocks the splash with his knees. Mysterio blocks a kick and rolls Del Rio up for the win. After the match, Del Rio beats Rey down. Del Rio locks Rey in the cross armbreaker and won’t let up until the referee breaks it.
* Naomi vs. Tamina Snuka is up next. Cameron and AJ Lee are at ringside. This was described as a very sloppy Divas matches with several botches. Cameron attacked AJ at ringside and beats her down. Naomi gets the win after a springboard flip off the ropes.
* We get a recap of the RAW main event. The Wyatt Family makes their way out as fans chant for Daniel Bryan. Bray says he wanted to grow up like his father but he was never good enough so he was cast out of his fathers kingdom to walk among the sheep. Bray says he was destined for greater things. He crawled out of the hole and Sister Abigail saved him. She sang sweet songs to him and he became enthralled with her. As he laid there on RAW, Bray realized he needed to sacrifice himself to be reborn and become the creature he wants to be. Bray says he gave Bryan a chance to walk with the reapers but now he will burn.
* CM Punk is back with Renee Young. He says he’s calling out The Shield and The New Age Outlaws, all five of them. She asks if that’s career suicide and he says it’s a gift for The Authority to do what they want.
* The Bella Twins announce the next match and it’s Fandango vs. Big E Langston. Big E gets the win with his finisher.
* Promos for Batista and The Ultimate Warrior.
* Renee interviews The Shield backstage. They stated that they are all in the Rumble. Dean Ambrose said that no superstar can withstand them when they’re on the same page. Renee asked if they were on the same page. Ambrose said Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns are his best friends and he’s trustworthy. Rollins said that’s nice, but he’d eliminate Ambrose in a heartbeat for a title match. Ambrose said he was lying, of course, he would too. Reigns said he’d eliminate them both for a shot at the title, but regardless of what happens they’ll remain a unit and they’ll remain the Shield.
* A video package about the WWE Network aired.
* Aksana announces the next match and it’s The Usos vs. Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. Zeb Colter came out in a wheelchair to sell the attack from Big Show on RAW. Colter cuts a promo before the match. The Usos come out with their ribs bandaged up. The Usos end up getting the win.
* CM Punk calling out The Shield and The New Age Outlaws is next. Punk comes out to the biggest pop of the night. Punk says unlike The Authority, he isn’t a coward. Punk runs down Triple H, saying he hides behind his wife. The Shield’s music hits and they come through the crowd. The New Age Outlaws come from the ramp. They all surround the ring. Kane’s pyro goes off and out he comes. He tells everyone to stand down. Kane says Punk’s anger is misplaced and The Authority wants him to main event WrestleMania, that’s why he’s in the Royal Rumble. Kane gives his word that his new directive is to make sure Punk has the respect he deserves. Kane leaves but Punk calls him back and insults him. Kane says “get em boys” and Punk is beat down. Kane chokeslams Punk and stands over him before heading to the back and ending the show.