WWE taped this week’s WWE Smackdown Tuesday night from the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Below are full results including live news and notes:
The crowd seems to be slightly different from Monday night’s Raw. A Fandango theme song chant was a fail early on.
Lots of Ric Flair “Wooos” are warming up the crowd.
A recap of WrestleMania is shown, and there are a lot of boos for Cena.
* Justin Gabriel defeated Curt Hawkins with the 450 splash.
A highlight video of Triple H getting medical attention after WrestleMania was shown right before SmackDown started. They showed a graphic that he will be here tonight, making the crowd go nuts.
The show starts with Big E Langston doing his best Ricardo Rodriguez impersonation. He introduces the new World Heavyweight Champion, Dolph Ziggler, who makes his way to the ring with AJ Lee and to a huge pop. Ziggler cuts a promo and is doing his best to be a heel.
Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter interrupt Ziggler. Zeb says that Swagger wants a title shot. They leave and Ziggler continues acting cocky when Alberto Del Rio comes out limping wanting a title shot too.
Chris Jericho then comes out. The crowd is starting to turn on Ziggler. Jericho tells Ziggler that his first opponent World Heavyweight Champion is Chris Jericho and that match is tonight.
* Team Hell No defeated The Prime Time Players pretty easily in a short match. Daniel Bryan won the match for his team with the No Lock. After the match, The Shield come on the screen and cut a promo saying that they won’t back down again and that they can strike at any time.
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett defeated Santino Marella. Santino got a little offense in this match and countered the Bullhammer to hit his Santino splash. Barrett quickly capitalized to hit the Bullhammer for the victory.
Backstage segment with Sheamus, Booker T, Teddy Long and Randy Orton. Booker T announced a handicap match with Sheamus and Randy Orton facing The Big Show tonight.
* The Bella Twins and Tamina Snuka defeated The Funkadactyls and WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn.
There have been lots of failed attempts for chants of Fandango’s theme song from the crowd. Seems like the crowd isn’t like the crowd from Monday’s Raw.
Triple H comes out and makes his way to the ring. He talks about his war at WrestleMania with Brock Lesnar. 3MB then come out and interrupt him trying to steal The Game’s thunder. The Shield’s music hits and 3MB try to go after Triple H. The Shield takes out 3MB and they circle around Triple H. Kane’s music hits and Team Hell No make their way out and the Shield retreats. Triple H then hit a pedigree on Heath Slater and clears 3MB from the ring with Kane and Daniel Bryan.
In what is likely a dark segment, Team Hell No try to “hug it out” with. Triple H says that he doesn’t want to hug Bryan and pokes fun at him for being vegan, but says he has history with Kane. Triple H tells Bryan to eat a piece of meat instead of vegetables because he is edgy. He says he has no problem hugging Kane and that he gets along with Kane. He brings up their weird history and Katie Vick and says they were young and needed money.
Vince McMahon then comes out and HHH says if anyone needs a hug, it’s Vince. Vince then leaves after teasing he would go through with it.
Bryan apologizes and tells HHH to hug Kane. H jokes that he wished the Shield come back out and finish him off. Triple H then hugged Kane and Bryan joined in. After, Triple H said that he felt violated. Crowd loved the segment, lots of laughs during it.
Lilian Garcia announces the main event will see John Cena and Team Hell No vs. The Shield, in what is likely the dark match main event.
Big Show is seen arguing with Booker T, and says that Booker is biased for putting him in a handicap match. Booker tells him his match is next.
* Randy Orton makes his way to the ring and has his ribs tapped up to sell the Big Show’s attack on RAW. Sheamus came out next, followed by The Big Show. Orton starts the match with some punches, before Big Show hit a side walk slam. Show works on Orton’s ribs. Small “RVD” chants started through the crowd. Show fails to splash Orton off the top rope and Orton tags Sheamus in, who begins to unload his offense until Show countered with a spear. Show went after Orton, who hit an RKO out of nowhere. Sheamus followed up with a Brogue kick on Show, which knocked him out of the ring. Show then simply walked to the back and got counted out.
* US Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston in a non-title match. Back and forth match. Kofi hits Trouble in Paradise to beat Cesaro.
Fandango comes out with the crowd singing his theme music.
* Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho with Fandango at ringside is in progress. They go several minutes in a good back and forth match. Fandango distracts the referee while Big E Langston lays out Jericho. Ziggler takes advantage and rolls up Jericho for the win. Jericho tried to get revenge on Ziggler and lays out Big E after the match. Fandango taunts Jericho, allowing Ziggler to hit a Zig Zag from behind. Fandango hit a big top rope leg drop as the crowd sang his theme song.
John Cena came out and the arena exploded, more cheers than boos. Jericho is helped to the back by an official, and Cena tried helping him from the ring.
* John Cena and Team Hell No defeated The Shield via disqualification after Seth Rollins hit Cena with a chair. After the match, the faces hit The Shield with their finishers.
Cena grabs the mic and starts to sing Fandango’s theme with the crowd. Fandango then comes out and Cena says his name wrong. Fandango got mad and ended up getting everyone’s finishers. The crowd was more into this segment than the entire night. Awesome way to end the show.