Readers Ray LeBlanc, Jon Harris, Troy Sasek, and Jacob Martinez are at the WWE Smackdown taping in Omaha, Nebraska and are sending updates from the building. You must refresh the page for the latest updates.
1. The Uso Brothers defeated Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins. Not a bad starting match, writes Jon. The Usos did a good job of getting the crowd involved and got a decent pop when they came out, Hawkins and Reks got no response. Tony was bored by the match.
The lower bowl of the building has a good crowd, but the upper deck is tarped off.
WWE Smackdown Taping
The Nebraska National Guard members in the front row scored the biggest pop of the night so far. Lilian Garcia came out and introduced the broadcast team.
The show started with Teddy Long introducing Elimination Chamber participants: Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, and Randy Orton.
Henry came out after the announcement to complain about having only a one in six chance at the Chamber. He is the “big fish” and demands to be taken out of the chamber match. Instead, he wants a World Title match tonight. Teddy says he’s out of the Chamber match, and there’s no match tonight. Mark put his hands on teddy, and Teddy indefinitely suspended him. Mark threatened to get his moneys worth for a suspension. Sheamus came out and delivered a Brogue kick to knock out Henry, who eventually went goes to the back.
Teddy asked Sheamus what title he’s going after. Sheamus said he hasn’t decided yet. Cody came out and said he did all the work at the Rumble. Teddy made a match between Sheamus and Cody. Teddy did not specify a replacement for Henry at Chamber.
1. Sheamus pinned Cody Rhodes. The crowd was really behind Sheamus. Ray and Troy both noted that it was a good match.
2. Hunico (w/Camacho) vs. Justin Gabriel never got started. Cody was still hurting. He jumped Gabriel along with Hunico and Camacho. It was three on one until Great Khali made the save.
The Mike Tyson video aired. Troy notes that he still wishes he wouldn’t have lost to Buster Douglas, as he was scheduled to be the guest referee on Saturday Night’s Main Event back in 1990. Douglas replaced Tyson in that role.
Backstage, Drew McIntyre pleaded for his job with Long. Santino came in with a new tag team since Santoshi didn’t do so well. This team is SantinOOOOO!! Santino and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Duggan started a USA chant while Santino yelled “Italia.” Aksana came in and noticed Teddys “big piece of wood” that Hacksaw left behind. Duggan looked at Aksana and let out a big “HOOO.” This segment got a good laugh from the crowd.
3. Primo and Epico (w/Rosa Mendes) defeated Santino Marella and Jim Duggan. The tag champs won when Santino was going for The Cobra only to be distracted by Rosa Mendes.
Daniel Bryan came out and did his role model speech. He insulted Nebraskans for eating meat. Big heat. Big Show came out said he just got done eating a big steak in the back. Show ended up chokeslamming Bryan. A.J. stopped Show from hurting Bryan more.
4. Brodus Clay beat Heath Slater. Drew McIntyre came out and attacked Clay, who destroyed him. Troy said he’s ready to turn the page in favor of a real feud.
5. Beth Phoenix and Natalya defeated Tamina and Aksana. Bathroom break. Beth and Natalya won clean.
It was announced that The Great Khali is replacing Mark Henry in the Elimination Chamber match. Another Rock and John Cena video played to hype WrestleMania 28, and then Randy Orton was interviewed by Josh Mathews.
6. Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett. Orton and Barrett brawled out in the crowd right in front of Troy. He said it was wild action and featured chairs and tables. Orton won with the RKO. Jacob wrote that there was a lot of buildup to using the table but it broke before Orton could use it. Orton seemed pretty playful for going against the guy that put him on the shelf for two months. The intensity picked up towards the end though.
Daniel Bryan came out to celebrate and then left awkwardly. Teddy Long came out and announced Bryan vs. Orton for next week.
1. Big Show beat Daniel Bryan (w/A.J.) by DQ in a World Hvt. Championship match. Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre interfered for the DQ. Show cokeslammed both men as Bryan and A.J. left. Show thanked everyone for coming.
(Thanks to ProWrestling.net)