*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Taping Results For 9/7
WWE taped this week’s edition of Smackdown from the i wireless Center in Moline, Illinois. Below are full results:
* SmackDown opens with Alberto Del Rio and David Otunga coming out. Ricardo Rodriguez is trailing and he’s in a neck brace. They want action taken against Sheamus for hitting Ricardo Rodriguez with a Brogue Kick on RAW. They want the kick banned in WWE. GM Booker T comes out and says he wants to put it in the hands of the fans. They vote that the kick should remain legal. Del Rio throws a fit and Booker has something planned for them later.
* Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara beat Cody Rhodes and The Miz when Cody accidentally hit Miz with a Disaster Kick.
* Hornswoggle stomped on Daniel Bryan’s toe. There was a recap of the “Hug It Out” segment from Raw.
* Zack Ryder defeated Daniel Bryan via reverse decision. Bryan came out and tried to remain calm. He got upset when there was a Yes! chant during the match. He begged off Ryder’s attack and they hugged, which led to Bryan applying the No! Lock. Bryan won by submission, but he refused to release the hold so the referee reversed the decision. Bryan essentially lost to the Yes! chant.
* Randy Orton was shown backstage. Damien Sandow came out and cut a promo discussing his actions in his match against Sheamus and ripping on social media. Sandow was interrupted by Orton, who entered to a huge pop. Orton informed him Booker T switched his original opponent with Sandow.
* Randy Orton beat Damien Sandow by countout. Dolph Ziggler joined the commentary team. Sandow ran to the back after the middle rope DDT while Orton was coiled for the RKO, leading to the countout finish. Orton and Ziggler fought, Sandow came back to save Ziggler from an RKO and took one himself, allowing Dolph to escape.
* Otunga continued to argue that the Brogue Kick should be banned. He brought X-rays. Booker booked a match between Otunga and Sheamus.
* The Prime Time Players defeated Primo and Epico (w/Rosa) to become No. 1 contenders to the WWE Tag Titles. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth were on commentary. Yes, the Players are the No. 1 contenders.
* Teddy Long was shown backstage with Kaitlyn. Vickie and Dolph demanded to see Booker T. Teddy said he’d advise Booker T to make a match against Orton for Night of Champions.
* Wade Barrett cut a heel promo backstage with Matt Striker interviewing him.
* Wade Barrett defeated Yoshi Tatsu. Barrett entered to huge heat. There were also a lot of pro-Barrett fans. Barrett beat Yoshi with what appears to be a new finisher. Barrett cut another heel promo.
* Sheamus defeated David Otunga. They changed the ring apron beforehand. Alberto came out to watch the match. Sheamus hit White Noise to set up the Brogue Kick. Booker came out and interrupted the match. He banned the Brogue Kick. Sheamus jaw jacked with Del Rio at ringside, then caught Otunga with the Irish Curse and finished him off with the Cloverleaf.
(Thanks to Christopher Starman, Jarrad Butz, Andrew Quick and prowrestling.net for live results.)
Trivia 1985 - Bruiser Brody wrestled Antonio Inoki in his 1st singles match for New Japan Pro Wr...
Cesaro recently spoke with The Carroll County Times while he was promoting RAW this past week. Here ...
- Dixie Carter announced that TNA will hold a pair of television tapings at the Sands Bethlehem in B...
Last week, the wrestling world was shocked when it was reported that The Ultimate Warrior had died j...
ImpactWrestling.com conducted an exclusive interview with X Division superstar Tigre Uno. Check out ...