WWE will tape the Smackdown portion of this week’s Smackdown tonight from the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California. We will be providing live updates as they happen.
WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday, February 17th, 2012)
* SmackDown opens with Teddy Long and World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan backstage. Security is guarding Teddy’s office. Long is concerned about Randy Orton’s condition and pulls him from the Elimination Chamber match on Sunday.
* Big Show and The Great Khali defeat Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes. After the match, Show turns on Khali and takes him out.
* Mark Henry returns backstage and wants Teddy Long to put him into the Eliminaton Chamber match. Big Show came in and demanded a match against Daniel Bryan for later tonight. Show got pissed, laid out Henry and tore up Teddy’s office before leaving. Long put security on notice and told them to take Big Show out of the arena if they see him.
* Hunico defeated Ted DiBiase with the help of Camacho.
* WWE Tag Team Champions Epico and Primo defeat The Usos.
* Daniel Bryan comes out and cuts a promo about his actions on RAW. Bryan says he will win at Elimination Chamber. He wants Lilian Garcia to announce him the winner by forfeit but Teddy Long interrupts and makes Sheamus vs. Bryan now.
* Daniel Bryan beat Sheamus by DQ when Sheamus went crazy on Bryan. Bryan spit in Sheamus’ face which caused him to go crazy. Sheamus pushed the referee which caused the DQ.
* Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett confront Teddy Long and want to know who is replacing Randy Orton at the Elimination Chamber. Teddy announces a battle royal to fill the final spot. He says a Superstar from RAW or SmackDown can compete.
* Jinder Mahal won a quick match over Ezekiel Jackson.
* Long was on the phone backstage and John Laurinaitis walked up. He said Teddy needed someone with charisma in the battle royale and entered David Otunga. Teddy wished him luck.
* Tamina and Alicia Fox beat Natalya and Beth Phoenix. The referee gets distracted by Natalya’s farting.
* Santino wins the battle royal.