*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 7/15
WWE is taped this week’s WWE Smackdown from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Thanks to ProWrestling.net reader Vic M. for providing us with text-message updates. Below are full results:
WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday)
Michael Cole, Booker T, and Josh Mathews came out for WWE Smackdown. The best part of being in the audience? Not listening to Booker on commentary. Josh went to the ring rather than the announcers’ table.
The screen showed Randy Orton vs. Kane, and Ezkiel Jackson vs. Ted DiBiase for Intercontinental Title.
Josh welcomed us and introduces the champion Randy Orton. Josh reminded Orton about all the stipulations for his match against Christian. Orton said he has numerous ways to beat Christian. Christian interrupted on the big screen and gave Orton a picture of him standing over Orton with the belt as a gift. Orton called it pathetic. Christian said Orton’s family is pathetic ripped on Orton’s father Bob Orton. Randy invited Christian to the ring. Christian didn’t oblige and then Orton said Christian is pathetic like his five-day championship run.
1. Ezekiel Jackson defeated Ted DiBiase to retain the Intercontinental Title. The end came when DiBiase went for Dream Street, which Zeke turned into the Torture Rack for the submission win.
Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes is up next.
Backstage, Ted DiBiase was looking disappointed. Cody entered and handed him the paper bag. He said he would give him one more chance, but if he loses again he will personally come to the ring and put the bag over his head.
2. Cody Rhodes defeated Daniel Bryan. Rhodes won via pinfall.
Teddy Long told a referee backstage to remind Big Show and Mark Henry that if there is any physical altercation, he would cancel their match at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view. Kane walked in and thanked Long for giving him a match against Orton.
Wade came down to join the announce table and now I notice josh is there too, oops.
Jinder was shown in the back getting pissed at a camera man.
Christian was shown in the back walking around Orton’s bus. When he got on the other side it showed, “Orton sux, Teddy = moron, Christian uncrowned champ” spray painted. Christian acted shocked at the spray painting and promised to find out who did it. Funny and awesome.
3. Sin Cara defeated Sheamus. Sheamus dominated in the beginning, but after Sin Cara’s 20 millionth reversal, he reversed Celtic Cross into a roll up and won via pinfall. After the match, Barrett laid out Sheamus.
Christian was shown walking around the casino and claimed he found Orton’s wallet. He took out $1,000 and bet it on No. 1 on a roulette table, because according to Orton’s ID his birthday is April 1. “There is a joke there somewhere,” says Christian. The ball landed on 20. “Looks like your lucks running out,” Christian said.
Teddy made his way down for the face off. Big Show entered the ring. Henry stayed on the ramp and they did their smack talk. Henry tried to enter the ring, but Teddy got in the way and said to save it for Sunday.
4. Kelly Kelly beat Rosa Mendes. Loud pops for Kelly, as I guess no one expected to see her here.
Johnny Curtis cut a promo to remind us that he’ll be debuting on Smackdown soon.
5. Justin Gabriel beat Heath Slater. Slater missed a top rope moonsault. Gabriel hit his 450 splash and got the pinfall victory.
6. Kane defeated Randy Orton via count out. 30 seconds into the match, Christian walked onto the ramp to watch the match. Orton went for an RKO, Kane reversed it and clotheslined Orton out. Christian walked down the ramp got orton to chase him around the ring to give Kane a victory via count out.
Post match, Orton RKO’d Kane, Christian speared Orton, and beat on him. Christian went for a chair, but Orton fought back and took it from him. Christian ran off. Kane got a few chair shots while Christian watched from the ramp.
I guess this is where the cameras cut off. Cody and Ted come down to beat on Orton, but ended up getting RKO’d. Christian ran down and was RKO’d twice. Orton shook hands and signed a few autographs to end the show.
PWMania.com is a subscription free website and relies on advertising and donations from people like you. If everyone reading this donates a few dollars, we can be fully funded for another year. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays! - PWMania.com Team =)