*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 7/22
WWE taped this week’s Smackdown tonight from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Below are full results:
Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):
* The show opens with footage of Christian winning the World Heavyweight Championship by disqualification against Randy Orton at WWE Money in the Bank.
* Randy Orton comes out and cuts a promo about his title loss. He talks about Vince McMahon being forced out and replaced by Triple H. Orton calls out Christian. Christian comes out and stands at the top of the ramp. Christian taunts Orton about spitting on him but Orton just wants a shot to win his title back. Finally he goes after Christian at the top of the ramp. Teddy Long reminds Orton he is already booked in a street fight tonight against Kane. He announces World Heavyweight Champion Christian vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson (even though Jackson was advertised to defend the title against Cody Rhodes)
* World Heavyweight Champion Christian b. WWE Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson after hitting the Kill Switch.
Michael Cole interviewed Smackdown Money in the Bank winner Daniel Bryan. Cole continued his heel character by calling Bryan’s victory a fluke and said Bryan will take the easy way out and “cash in” on the champion when he is down. Bryan said he’s not cashing in until Wrestlemania XXVIII.
* Daniel Bryan b. Heath Slater via submission in the LeBell Lock.
* Backstage, Mark Henry tells Matt Striker he doesn’t regret taking out Big Show at the pay-per-view.
* Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett ended in a double count out. After the match ended, Sheamus hit Barrett with a Brogue Kick.
* A Cody Rhodes vignette is shown followed by a promo by Kane.
* Randy Orton vs. Kane in a street fight. There were chants for both men. The guy behind me let us all know Kane’s real name. The announce table appeared to tip over accidentally during a brawl on the floor. Orton held his right thigh on and off from that point on. Kane went for a choke, but took an RKO. Kane surprised everyone by kicking out. Randy went for the punt, but Kane chokeslammed him for a good near fall.
Kane hit Orton with several chair shots. Orton avoided a Tombstone and chokeslam, and RKO’d Kane for the win. Good match. They shook hands afterward.
Mark Henry came out after Orton left and roughed up Kane. Henry wrapped a chair around Kane’s leg and came down on it off the ropes. The announcers were long gone by this point, but the cameras were still rolling.
Christian cut a promo before the dark main event. Orton’s music cut him off.
1. Christian beat Randy Orton in the dark match. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase interfered. Orton hit RKO’s afterward.
PWMania.com is a subscription free website and relies on advertising and donations from people like you. If everyone reading this donates a few dollars, we can be fully funded for another year. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays! - PWMania.com Team =)