*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 6/10
WWE taped this week’s edition of WWE Smackdown from the Roanoke Civic Center in Roanoke, Virginia. Thanks to ProWrestling.net for providing us with live updates. Below are full results:
Christian came to the ring for a promo. He said he was screwed out of the World Hvt. Championship. He said he doesn’t want to talk to any of his Peeps again. The “You Suck” chants started. Christian invited Michael Cole to join him in the ring and then proceeded to bitch about deserving another title shot. He ripped Teddy Long, and said Long and Randy Orton disrespected him.
1. Ezekiel Jackson and The Uso Brothers beat Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, and Heath Slater. One of the Uso’s went right into the announce table and the whole arena could hear it. Good tag work from Corre with a classic wrestling feel. Zeke dominated and Barrett headed back to the locker room. Zeke put Gabriel in the rack for the win.
Teddy Long was shown talking on the phone. Sheamus demanded a match with Christian. Instead, Long booked Randy Orton vs. Sheamus in a No DQ match and said it was going to be huge.
Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater told Wade Barrett that The Corre is finished.
2. Jinder Mahal beat Trent Barreta. Great Khali helped Jinder get the win.
3. A.J. beat Tamina. The crowd got behind A.J. while Tamina was dominating. A.J. hit a flying knee. Tamina had her up for a move, but A.J. caught her in a small package for the win. David said it was not a great women’s match.
Randy Orton came to the ring and called out Christian, who appeared on TitanTron and said he wants his title match. Christian says he does things on his own terms, and he wants the match at Capitol Punishment. Orton said the match is on. Christian left in a vehicle while Orton stood in the ring with his title belt. Good crowd pops for Orton.
Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase appeared on the big screen. Cody said he’s not nuts, he’s been enlightened.
4. Sin Cara beat Ted DiBiase by DQ. They need to find someone to go with Mistico, er, Sin Cara. There were some great moves, but bad spots by DiBiase, according to J Nicholas. Cody’s interference led to the DQ. Daniel Bryan came out to save Sin Cara. Teddy Long came out and turned it into a tag match.
5. Sin Cara and Daniel Bryan beat Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes. Sin Cara was on fire at one point. He hit a flying cross body block through the ropes. Daniel Bryan locked in the LeBell Lock for the win. David said it was an okay match, but Cody’s Phantom of the Opera gimmick wasn’t so great this week.
Johnny Curtis cut a promo. He ate a potato chip and that was it. Seriously.
6. Sheamus defeated Randy Orton in a non-title, no disqualification match. Late in the match, Orton hit a wild backdrop onto the ring steps. Amazing spot, according to J. Later, Sheamus pulled out a kendo stick and hit Orton with it five times. Orton hit the RKO on Sheamus. Christian ran out and ended up hitting Orton with the title belt. Sheamus ended up covering Orton for the win.
Afterward in what may have been after the cameras stopped rolling, Christian held up Orton. Sheamus went for a kick, but Orton ducked and Sheamus caught Christian with the kick. Orton RKO’d Sheamus. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase ran out and took RKO’s. Orton spent a lot of time with the fans afterward, which was nice to see.
- John Cena tweeted the following this morning, an apparent response to Bray Wyatt's promo from last...
- PWMania.com reported that there was a plan in place for Bad News Barrett to inform the Chicago fan...
Where does John Cena's victory over The Rock rank on this episode of WWE Top 10? Plus, an undefeated...
PWMania.com reported, Batista got into an argument at ringside with Power 97 DJ Cam Carson at last n...
- Vince McMahon is now scheduled to be back on WWE TV right after WrestleMania XXX is over. This sho...