*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 3/25
WWE is taping this week’s edition of WWE SmackDown at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Thanks to WNW reader Austin Watson for sending us text-message updates. Below are the results:
WWE SmackDown (Airing Friday on SyFy):
* Booker T comes out to an amazing pop. Cole comes out to heat.
* Smackdown starts off with a backstage segment where Teddy Long is telling Edge that if he or Alberto Del Rio touch either other before Wrestlemania they will both be banned from the event.
* Rey Mysterio b. CM Punk
- Rey had a quick start to the match then missed a flying cross body allowing CM to control. Punk mainly focusing attacks on the ribs of Rey. Eventually he goes for an attack off the ropes but Rey countered with a dropkick to gain the upper-hand. Rey hit CM with an Asia moonsault. Cody Rhodes comes in as a distraction and the match ends in disqualification. Rey is helped out of the ring by officials.
* Edge and Christian are shown backstage. Edge says he’s still going to be in the corner for Christian tonight. He walks away.
* Edge vs. Drew McIntyre
- As soon as the bell ring Edge goes after Drew. Drew quickly gains the upper-hand working on Edge’s arm. Edge eventually gains control and wins via his finished. After the match Edge connects with a spear.
* Lay-Cool b. Rosa Mendez & Kelly Kelly
- Layla has the Snooki hair do and they were both fist pumping they are also not even wearing their ring gear. Rosa and Kelly go straight for the attack. Quick match ending when Layla hits a reverse neck breaker for the win. After the match Laycool cut a quick promo saying that their opponents for Wrestlemania are no challenge.
* Wade Barrett b. Kofi Kingston to win the Intercontinental Championship.
- Kofi was going for trouble in paradise but ref got distracted. He connected trouble on heath allowing Wade to hit wasteland following a pinfall. After the match Justin hit a 450 splash.
* Teddy Long & Albero Del Rio are backstage.
* Undertaker is on stage cutting a promo. He says that Triple H has figured out how to win. He then says he can’t wait till Monday to tell Triple H what he thinks.
* Jake Swagger b. R-Truth
- R-Truth had a close call… He launched himself over top rope and it looked like Swagger barely caught him. Quick match winner via ankle lock, Swagger.
* Christian w/ Edge b. Alberto Del Rio
- Alberto has Brodus Clay with him. During the match Brodus attacked Edge on the outside. Edge returns the favor with spear then attacks him with a chair. This distracts Alberto allowing Christian to hit the Kill Switch for the win. Edge looks like hes gonna attack Alberto with the chair but Christian stops him. He hits Alberto with the chair instead. That concludes this week’s SmackDown.
Trivia 1992 – The AJPW Champion’s Carnival is won by Stan Hansen, who defeated Mitsuharu Mis...
We noted before that WWE was selling new CM Punk merchandise at WrestleMania Week in New Orleans. Pu...
- Triple H suffered some kind of muscle injury in the match with Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania XXX, w...
As noted earlier today, a tournament to crown a new #1 contender to Big E's Intercontinental Title w...
- The North American Wrestling Rankings website, which has kept track of TV records and rankings sin...