*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For Tonight
WWE taped this week’s WWE Smackdown from the Spokane Arena in Spokane, Washington. Thanks to ProWrestling.net and reader Will Gilman for providing us with updates. Below are full results:
Randy orton kicked off the show. Before he could get going, Christian interrupted. Christian congratulated orton for their match on Sunday. Then he said the match could have gone either way. He issued a challenge, but Sheamus interrupted. And then Mark Henry interrupted the interruption.
We get some GM action with Teddy Long, who mentioned it was deja vu with the same guys arguing about the world title. Long said Christian will have to earn the title shot by booking a Triple Threat between Henry, Sheamus, and Christian for tonight.
1. Sin Cara beat Chavo Guerrero. Sin Cara came out to a huge pop for the Over The Limit rematch. The mood lighting was in full effect. Sin Cara won after the head-scissors takedown.
Cody Rhodes came out and the brown bag crew followed closely behind. He cut a quick promo about how unattractive the crowd was. I can’t fault him for that one. Daniel Bryan interrupted and received a bigger pop than Sin Cara did.
2. Daniel Bryan defeated Cody Rhodes. Bryan won the match with the LeBell Lock. Cody jumped Bryan after the match. He tagged him with CrossRhodes on the floor and then gave him the brown bag treatment.
They aired the Capitol Punishment video.
Booker T entered the ring after a great Tribute to the Troops video. He “invites” Michael Cole to step into the ring. Coke obliged. Book reminded us of Cole’s loss at the pay-per-view. He was shocked at Cole’s apology, and gave him big props. He wanted to give Cole a chance to apologize again to the Smackdown audience. Booker short-armed the handshake and showed the picture of Cole with King’s foot in his mouth. Booker presented him with some Altoids.
Backstage interview with Christian, who talked about how he was always the last kid picked but made the most of it and proved everyone wrong.
3. Kane beat Great Khali (w/Ranjin Singh). Khali wasn’t dancing, but his brother was. Kane’s pyro knocked the Tron out of whack, its vertical hold was messed up. Total bumps for Khali: one! Jinder Mahal came out after the match. He spoke in his native tongue and then then shoved Singh. Khali came to Ranjin’s defense only to crush his head. Jinder and Khali left together.
4. Ezekiel Jackson defeated Heath Slater by DQ. Zeke dominated the match and had Slater in the Torture Rack until other Corre members ran in for the DQ. Zeke fought them off. Wade Barrett did not enter the ring.
Backstage with Sheamus. He spoke about how he achieved in a few months what took Henry and Christian their whole lives to accomplish.
5. Alicia Fox and Tamina defeated A.J. and Kaitlyn (w/Natalya). The Slam of the Week featured Kharma crying on Raw. Ugh. Natalya came out with A.J. and Kaitly, and entered to her music. Alicia pinned Kaitlyn after an axe kick. No Kharma. Boo!!!
6. Sheamus defeated Christian and Mark Henry in a Triple Threat match to become No. 1 contender to the World Hvt. Championship. The heels start off double teaming Christian, who eventually got them split off. Just as they are getting the advantage, out came Orton, who sat near the commentary team.
Henry shoved Orton, who RKO’d Henry. Christian got a near fall on Sheamus. Christian argued with the ref and walked into a Brough Kick. Sheamus pinned Christian, and is the new number one contender. I believe thats where the show ends, because the commentators exited.
Teddy Long came out and said Christian was robbed and ordered a world title match against Orton.
1. Randy Orton fought Christian to a DQ finish. Tony Chimel was letting fans take pictures of the championship belt. Sheamus and Henry ran in for the DQ and ate simultaneous Killswitch and RKO for their trouble. Orton and Christian celebrated to end the show.
- Last night Ring of Honor held their first "Future of Honor" show from the Big Spring Event Center,...
WWE referee Charles Robinson nearly lost his thumb while setting up the ring for Friday's WWE live e...
Below is the full schedule for Saturday, day 55 of the WWE Network launch: 12am EST - Legends Hou...
Trivia 1986 – The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) win the inaugural Jim Crockett Sr Memoria...
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR's...