WWE is taping this week’s WWE Smackdown from the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport Connecticut. Thanks to ProWrestling.net for live updates. Below are ongoing results:
* Justin Gabriel defeated another wrestler. Zack arrived just in time to see the pinfall and did not catch the name of the opponent.
WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday)
The show started with Mark Henry assaulting Daniel Bryan backstage. He dragged Bryan to ringside and continued the attack. The refs rolled Bryan out of the ring, and then Henry cut a promo on delivering more pain to Big Show and retaining at Survivor Series.
The trampoline was out on the floor, which can mean only one thing…
1. Dolph Ziggler defeated Sin Cara. Vickie Guerrero announced before the match that Dolph will be doing double duty at Survivor Series, as he will defend the U.S. Title against Zack Ryder. Dolph won a good five-minute match with a roll up after Jack Swagger came out.
After the match, Mason Ryan came out to even the sides. Ziggler bumped like only he can for Ryan, who should thank him backstage.
2. Mason Ryan beat Jack Swagger. Ryan won with a Full Nelson Slam. Expect to see a lot of replays of Ryan throwing Ziggler.
Backstage, Zack Ryder got Big Show and Justin Gabriel to sign his petition. He informed Big Show of what Henry said in the opening promo.
Backstage Ted DiBiase was playing WWE12 with Hornswoggle. Teddy Long came in and was soon followed by Aksana and her porno sax music. Teddy is falling in love, to sum it up.
Christian came to the stage with a neck brace, boot, and crutch. He complained a lot and said he will be there to inspire Team Barrett at survivor series. He said that now because of his injuries, his dream is to just have “one more match” in general. Funny. He got a lot of heat and then said good riddance and walked off stage. Jim felt it was an “uneventful” promo.
Backstage, AJ and Big Show were with Daniel Bryan in the trainers room. Show is going after Henry now.
3. Ted DiBiase beat Derek Bateman (w/Maxine). DiBiase won with Dream Street. And, no, in case you were hoping for a music change. Ted still comes from money.
Backstage, Show was looking for Henry. Jinder Mahal and Tyson Kidd said he wasn’t around. Mahal said something in Punjabi. Show asked Kidd if he caught that, Kidd replied no, and Show knocked Jinder out. Kidd meekly walked away. Funny.
Show came to the ring in sweats. He cut a promo on Henry and said that after Henry forced Bryan to be carried out tonight, Show is gonna force Henry to be carried out at Survivor Series. He then did a stupid little thing with his WMD fist and then chuckled like even he realized it was silly.
4. Kofi Kingston pinned Hunico with the SOS. Hunico cut a promo entirely in Spanish before the match. Jim felt they had decent chemistry.
A Zeke Jackson vignette aired. “Seriously? How many times can they try with this guy. Mooooove onnnnn,” writes Zack.
5. Beth Phoenix and Natalya defeated A.J. and Kaitlyn. Natalya made A.J. tap to the Pinup Strong hold.
Mark Henry vs. Big Show with Booker T as special referee was announced as the dark match.
They showed the full Survivor Series lineup and only the two world title, the traditional tag, and the Rock and John Cena vs. The Miz and R-Truth matches were shown. No sign of a U.S. Title match there.
Randy Orton made his entrance. Followed by Sheamus. Then Wade Barrett and finally Cody Rhodes. “He just feels more major league than ever after losing the mask,” writes Zack. The tag main event is next.
6. Sheamus and Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes by DQ. Christian came out on crutches during the match. He hit Sheamus with a crutch for the DQ. Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick on Cody, and Orton delivered the RKO to Barrett. Sheamus hit Cody with the Celtic Cross.
1. Big Show beat Mark Henry by DQ with Booker T as special referee. Henry spent 90 percent of the match outside the ring getting heat. Every time he got back in, Show would take it to him and he’d slide back out. Show took a mic and told Henry to come get the knockout he had coming. They fought to ringside where Henry hit Show with a chair and Booker called for the DQ. Show attacked Henry and rolled him inside the ring, killed him with the chair, and we all left with smiles on our faces. Show also performed the Spinaroonie to wrap up the taping.