*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For Tonight
WWE taped this week’s Smackdown tonight from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thanks to WNW readers Troy Howarth and A-ROB for providing us with live updates. Below are full results:
Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):
* Edge comes out to open the show. The first thing he says is that it feels good to be back home in Toronto. Edge discusses the return of “The Cutting Edge” featuring Randy Orton and Mark Henry later tonight. Cody Rhodes interrupts and accuses Edge of “sucking up” to the Toronto crowd. Edge tells him to look in the mirror and Cody deflects by boasting about his defeat of World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton on Monday night. Cody offers Edge a paper bag to put on his mantel at home. Edge gives the bag back. He says Cody should put a paper bag over all of Smackdown and leaves the ring. Cody tries to give out paper bags to the crowd but Ted DiBiase is planted in the crowd. Cody doesn’t notice as Ted takes him out. Rhodes retreats to the back.
* Daniel Bryan b. Sin Cara (Hunico) via disqualification when Cara refused to stop stomping Bryan in the corner. After the match, the real Sin Cara (Mistico) comes out and they have a stare down.
* Backstage, Zack Ryder tells Teddy Long he has put in a no contact order between Randy Orton and Mark Henry tonight. Aksana comes in and convinces Long to let her give him a massage. Trish Stratus comes in and interrupts. She speaks with Teddy Long.
* Beth Phoenix w/Natalya b. AJ w/Kaitlyn. After the match, Beth says she will win the WWE Divas Championship from Kelly Kelly at Night of Champions and will save the Divas division.
* A Sheamus video promo is shown.
* Backstage, Trish Stratus and Edge try on MMA-style gloves when Christian walks in. He appologizes Edge for what happened at SummerSlam and they hug. Edge tells Christian to stop whining and complaining and Christian leaves. Zack Ryder runs in and informs Edge about the no contact order between Randy Orton and Mark Henry.
* Justin Gabriel & Sheamus b. Christian & Wade Barrett. Before the match, Sheamus cut a promo, talking down to both Christian and Barrett.
* The Great Khali b. Heath Slater via disqualification when Jinder Mahal came out and attacked Khali. Khali fought back and chokeslammed them both.
* R-Truth b. Evan Bourne w/Kofi Kingston with The Miz on commentary.
* Edge comes out for The Cutting Edge and cuts another promo about Toronto. He discusses Wrestlemania VI and then introduces World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton and Mark Henry. Edge asks Orton if he can beat Mark Henry. Orton says he knows he can. Edge tells Henry he’s been in WWE longer than Orton but has had a disappointing career. Henry agrees with the point but now it’s time to stop smiling and showing his charisma and take the World Heavyweight Championship. This ends the segment, ending the no contact order.
* Randy Orton and Mark Henry brawl with Henry getting the upper-hand and hitting the World’s Strongest Slam on him twice. He grabbed the World Heavyweight Championship and held it up to end the show.
Edge Appreciation Night (Dark):
Trish Stratus comes out and introduces Edge. They talk about when they first met at an autograph signing. Trish showed two photos of Edge. The first was a photo of the first time he cashed in the Money in the Bank briefcase and the other was his entrance from Wrestlemania XXVII this year. They ran an Edge tribute video package that brought him to tears.
After the video, Christian comes out and says there are many people here to pay tribute to him. Christian introduces Edge’s mom, Judy, Ron Huchison, two of his college buddies and Rhyno. They go to the ring and hug him. Edge thanks them all for coming. Trish introduces Bret Hart who comes down to the ring with Sweet Daddy Siki.
Bret Hart puts over Edge as the best there is, was and ever will be and then hugs him. Edge thanks the crowd for coming and says he couldn’t do this anywhere else. The entire roster comes out clapping and goes to the ring to greet him. Edge fools around with R-Truth and takes a camera from a cameraman and walks around the ring with it. Edge gives back the camera and does the five second pose with Christian. He leaves the ring and gives high fives to audience members.
Edge goes to the stage with his mom and they do his rocker pose then wave goodbye. Justin Roberts thanks the crowd for coming.