*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Taping Results For Tonight
WWE taped this week’s episode of WWE Smackdown Tuesday from the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. Here are the full results for tonight’s show.
WWE Smackdown (Airing Tonight)
SmackDown opens with the Chairman of the Board Vince McMahon, who announces that the new GM of SmackDown is a man who will call it down the middle… Booker T! Booker comes out to a nice pop. Alberto Del Rio comes out and starts talking. Out comes Sheamus, who tells Del Rio that he’s happy about his upbringing and that he’s not a rich punk like Del Rio. Booker tells Sheamus and Del Rio that they have single matches tonight before being stopped by Del Rio, who says he will not wrestle until SummerSlam. Booker tells Del Rio that he’s the new boss and tonight he faces Randy Orton. Booker then tells Sheamus that he will face his opponent right now and it’s… TENSAI.
* World Hvt. champion Sheamus beat Tensai in a non-title match. Early on, Tensai used Sakamoto as a human shield before throwing him against the barricade in a laugh-out-loud moment. Also of note, Tensai’s belly is so floppy that it has bruises all over it. Then, Tensai’s stomach started bleeding. The guy looks like a mess. Tensai hit the Baldo Bomb for two. But, Sheamus with the Brogue Kick for the win. Hard-hitting, entertaining match. Pretty fun.
Eve hit on Booker T backstage and sucked up to him as she tried to get a job in his administration. Teddy Long was offered a Sr. Advisor to the GM job. Booker gave Teddy the chance to tell Eve that there are no more job openings.
* Antonio Cesaro beat U.S. champion Santino in a non-title match. Cesaro came out to almost no reaction, then said hello to the crowd in five languages. Santino had the win with the Cobra, but Cesaro’s foot was under the ropes. Cesaro then hit his finisher for the win.
Kane, Jericho, and Christian vs. Miz, Bryan, and Ziggler is apparently next. Kane’s pyro being set up.
Matt Striker was backstage with Daniel Bryan and he showed a recap of Monday’s Raw with the doctor. Striker asked Bryan if he has any thoughts and he said no. The camera panned out and he had a “No No No” t-shirt. He told the crowd not to chant “Yes”, and said that he will be saying “no” more often. Of course, the crowd chanted “yes” much to his dismay.
* Daniel Bryan, The Miz, and Dolph Ziggler defeated Chris Jericho, Kane, and Christian in a six-man tag. The heels won when Bryan rolled up Jericho.
Striker interviewed Randy Orton backstage and welcomed him back to the show. Orton mentioned Alberto Del Rio being number one contender for the World Title. Orton said he’ll defeat Del Rio tonight.
WWE announced that Survivor Series is coming to Indianapolis on November 18. The password for the pre-sale is “series”.
* Ryback beat Jinder Mahal via DQ. The crowd was into Ryback, but barely any Goldberg chants. Jinder hit Ryback with a mic for the DQ. Mahal then ran up the ramp in fear of Ryback.
Prime Time Players came out for the next match. Yes, A.W. was mic’ed for sound.
* Darren Young beat WWE tag champion R-Truth. A.W. introduced his team, as usual, and used his headset mic at ringside. Lots of shenanigans. Young won in about two minutes after five distractions.
Raw recap next, then the main event. Ricardo Rodriguez came out to introduce Alberto Del Rio.
Layla congratulated Booker T backstage. Cody Rhodes confronted GM Booker T. Booker announced Cody vs. Sin Cara for next week. Booker quotable: “I didn’t call you sucker. I called you sucka.”
* Randy Orton beat Alberto Del Rio via DQ when Ricardo Rodriguez interfered. Ricardo entered the ring and attacked Orton as he was going to set up the RKO, which caused the DQ finish. They both went up the ramp when Sheamus ran down behind Del Rio, threw him inside the ring, and into Orton’s RKO. Orton posed to end a solid show.
Thanks to readers Reynold Kings, Benjamin Tucker, PWTorch and ProWrestling.net for results.