Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Taping Results For 3/21
World Wrestling Entertainment taped the March 21, 2014 WWE SmackDown episode from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Here are full WWE SmackDown spoilers.
* Alexander Rusev defeated Xavier Woods
* JBL and Michael Cole came out first.
* Set for tonight, The Shield vs. Real Americans vs. 3MB vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel in a four-way #1 contender match to the Tag Titles. Plus John Cena vs. Luke Harper.
* Kane comes to the ring and talks about what Triple H did to Daniel Bryan on RAW. Kane calls it best for business. This led to a full-length video review of Triple H giving it to Bryan. Back live, Kane talked like Chris Jericho about Bryan having it coming to him. He angrily said this was long overdue, then yelled at the audience for causing this to happen.
Kane then produced a letter from Triple H on WWE Letterhead. Pause for a “You Sold Out” chant. The letter was about needing to show respect for authority. No interruption and Kane left the ring.
* Fernando (w/Diego and El Torito) beat Fandango (w/Summer Rae) at 4:56. Fernando and Fandango had a crowd-engaging dance battle in the opening minute. Then, El Torito noticed Summer was wearing red and chased her around the ring to laughs. This allowed Fernando to roll up a distracted Fandango for the win.
* On the video screen, Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper delivered a message to John Cena for tonight.
* Teams were introduced for the four-team tag match. The Shield came through the crowd with their usual pop. They didn’t babyface up their entrance and stuck to their routine. 3MB, then Ryback & Axel, then Real Americans were introduced as the other three teams.
* The match ended in a no contest. All of the heels confronted The Shield, setting up a Reigns and Cesaro confrontation. Ambrose was then isolated by the heel teams, which was an odd sight. Included was the return of “Goldberg” chants aimed at Ryback. Ambrose crawling across the ring for a hot tag was also very strange. Rollins showed off some crowd-pleasing moves, then the crowd popped for Reigns delivering a spear on the outside. Suddenly, Kane ran down and attacked Reigns. Chaos then broke out in the ring, so ref Charles Robinson threw out the #1 contender match to the Tag Titles.
Post-match, the brawl continued. Reigns and Kane moved to the stage, where the New Age Outlaws emerged and helped Kane take down Reigns. Meanwhile, the heel teams in the tag match beat down Rollins and Ambrose. Kane and the Outlaws then beat down the entire group and stood tall over The Shield in the ring. Big boos for this. Good heat. Shield as faces is still weird, but Kane and the Outlaws played their part well. Shield eventually recovered and got strong crowd cheers as they regrouped and vowed to fight back.
* Miz TV is up next.
* They recap Kane and Outlaws taking out The Shield.
* Miz was standing by in the ring. He noted it’s been a while, then announced he is in the Andre Battle Royal. Some boos. Miz then welcomed out his guest, the favorite to win, Big Show. Miz and Show shared a ShowMiz moment, then Show humbly accepted the audience’s adulation.
Miz jabbed Show about losing at WM, then welcomed out a bunch of fellow competitors who will give Show a run – Titus, Kofi, Del Rio, Big E., Cody, Goldust, Henry, and Sheamus, who wanted to fight. Miz calmed them all down and tried to get everyone organized for an impromptu battle royal. Final Four were Sheamus, Show, Kofi, and Titus. It came down to Show and Sheamus, which popped the crowd. Miz tried to eliminate Show, but Show eliminated both Sheamus and Miz to “win” the Impromptu Battle Royal.
* Backstage: Santino was blushing about Emma while getting his face worked on at the make-up chair. Emma eavesdropped and blushed at Santino’s glowing review of her appearance. Emma then snuck up behind Santino, scaring him out of his chair for a comedy bit.
* Alberto Del Rio defeated IC Champion Big E. at 3:08 in a non-title match.
* Next up was a Total Divas vs. non-Total Divas tag match posturing as focus on the Divas division.
Before the match, WWE re-announced Mr. T for the Hall of Fame.
* Bella Twins beat Natalya & Summer Rae at 3:00. As soon as the bell sounded, a “C-M Punk” chant randomly broke out. Nikki tried to get the crowd into the match. Brie then picked up the win for her team.
* Main Event highlight: The Undertaker vowed to slay Brock Lesnar. And he will be on Raw this Monday to deliver the message. Lesnar is also advertised.
* Backstage segment: Heel teams from the tag match were assembled to hear their award for helping out with Shield earlier. Ryback & Axel got Tag Title shots, Real Americans got Tag Title shots, and 3MB got entered in the Andre battle royal. The Outlaws then hugged with Kane as The Authority’s new enforcers.
* On-stage, Lana told Houston that there is a problem because the reign of the super athlete Rusev is near. Rusev posed on his Olympic podium, then spoke in his native language.
* John Cena’s music played and the kids went nuts for their hero. The Wyatts interrupted. “Houston, we’re here,” Bray declared. The Eminem video then played to hype Cena vs. Bray at Mania as the Wyatts came to the ring.
* John Cena beat Luke Harper at 5:28. The crowd was buzzing once the bell sounded. Almost immediately the ritualistic “Let’s Go Cena / Cena Sucks” chants started. Cena delivered an early Shuffle, but Erick Rowan walked around the ring, distracting Cena and allowing Harper to take control. But Cena came back with an AA out of nowhere for the pin before Bray could run out of his rocking chair to break it up. Cena then high-tailed it to the stage to stand tall as the Wyatts sat angrily in the ring. This appeared to be the end of Smackdown.
Dark Main Event Segment
* Cena took the mic and said the Wyatts’s theme reminds him of another someone. Rest In Peace. The bell tolled and Undertaker’s music played. This time, Undertaker came through the entrance for the full effect. He was dressed to wrestle to get in a warm-up action before Mania. Cena looked toward Undertaker, who led them into the ring. But Bray bailed, so Cena and Undertaker hit the AA and Chokeslam to clear the henchmen. Undertaker’s music played and he circled the ring with Cena. Cena then nodded to Undertaker and gave the ring to Undertaker in his hometown for a final pose. Undertaker looks much more menacing and ready for Mania than when he returned. Undertaker then made his way to the top of the ramp and posed to close the TV taping. He hobbled the last remaining feet before disappearing to the back.
* No Daniel Bryan tonight selling the Raw injury angle.
* Lilian Garcia announced a return date of July 28 for Raw TV. Pre-sale is HOUSTON.
(Partial source: PWTorch.com)
Former WWE Superstar and good friend of Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Sinn Bodhi posted the following up...
Events In 1984, WCCW "Labor Day Star Wars" was held at the Tarrant County Convention Center in ...
Check out the full schedule for Wednesday, day 193 of the WWE Network launch: 12:00 am ET - Monda...
- One of PWMania.com's correspondents at Tuesday’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Lincoln noted that WWE...
- Alberto Del Rio appeared with AAA officials and wrestlers for a Ring & Rockstars 3 press conferenc...